eBay GW-M5600 with failed battery?

macspite

Not that guide - this: http://www.g-shockzone.com/showwiki.php?title=How-to-repaint-G-Shock-bezel-text

Our very own G-Shockzone guide on our very own wiki. Full credit and kudos to our moderator for getting the wiki working, now all we need are contributions.

And you may want to consider this - a third choice for your watch

By the way are you an insomniac, a night shift worker or live in a time zone sufficiently far forward or back from GMT for this to be normal waking hours? :cool:

I am only awake because I finished work at half past one but have waited until 0300 to send off an email regarding tonight's work so it looks like we have been working a little longer. Don't want to make the job look too easy!

Camel

I will actually need to think which way to go. Either to brush the paint off somehow or paint it as it's shown in the guide. I thought it originally was paintless, but it'd be up to me anyway ;).
Thanks for the links! I like the wiki! As for the ebay auction, I feel like I have all of g-shock ebay items memorised by now :D.

Why still awake? I'm a student and currently I have a week off between semesters so there's no reason not to stay up till late ;)
Your manager is a lucky man to have such a hard worker on a team ;D

rutteger

Administrator
Good choice giving the GW-M5600 a swerve. They do occasionaly go down to £50 new and boxed (assuming you're in the UK).

The auction linked is a DW-5600MS like this

dw-5600ms-1-1.jpg

It's a cool model. The bezel is stealthed from the off, assume the white in the lettering is either dirt or someone has attempted to paint it. Wrong strap fitted, not sure why. The proper one is similar but should have '1545' on it. If that's the model you're after I'd have a look at this DW-5600MS brand new on eBay for £55 > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Genui...sWatches_GL&hash=item1e6a5f7ea4#ht_876wt_1396 . Assuming again you're in the UK you run the risk of customs BUT it's brand new!

There's a guide on a torch forum about recharging a CTL-1616, will have to dig it out for the wiki.

Camel

There really are a couple of puzzling inconsistencies in the auction of "DW-5600MS" I mentioned before and other pictures of the watch I've found on web.

DW5600MS.jpg - 4 differences.

1. 200 meter/20 bar
2. shock resist arrow \/ is yellow/grey
3. dots beside mode/adjust/light/light are grey/red
4. the strap issue - it is said in the auction that it has been changed to the "more appropriate"
5. is the display brighter as well?
6. no picture showing the back of the watch
7. "new without tags"
8. regardless all the above, the seller has v. good sales record when it comes to feedback.

It really looks as if it was pieced together from a couple of different watches!
The funniest thing is... that I think I like it this way.
I contacted the seller regarding the authenticity of the watch, we'll see what they say :confused:

Camel

You are very right, sir!
Here's the response from the seller:
Hi,

I'm very sorry... the watch is actually a DW-5600B. My mistake although they're very similar models accroding to the internet. It is genuine, just a different model to what I thought.

Best regards,

DCS

So my conspiracy theory failed ;). The bad news is I really like this watch and want it now. The price+postage is already over £65 and there's still 2 hours left.