THE REAL 'Mission Impossible' CASIO...

GTR83

Great thread, and I appreciate your hunt for the Japanese DW-290. I have to admit that I prefer the Chinese version with its blue/green text - makes it look more nerdy/toolish, which is exactly what I like lol. The blue illuminator is also pulling me over. I did see this in a shop but was too glitzed by a Citizen to completely appreciate it. Tool Watch Nerd approved :encouragement:

disavowed

Great thread, and I appreciate your hunt for the Japanese DW-290. I have to admit that I prefer the Chinese version with its blue/green text - makes it look more nerdy/toolish, which is exactly what I like lol. The blue illuminator is also pulling me over. I did see this in a shop but was too glitzed by a Citizen to completely appreciate it. Tool Watch Nerd approved :encouragement:

Thanks my Friend.

And by the way - still haven't seen another Japanese 290 on eBay. There have been a few used added over the last couple of weeks - but after inquiries all are/were Chinese. Not sure I understand why no used Jap's have turned up in a month - with all the 290's out there.

I'll keep searching...

Speaking of Jap's - I just realized my DW 5300 is also Japanese. I've owned 2 previously - and both were Korean. In fact the ratio of japanese to Korean 5300's seems small after extensive web searches. Interesting...

Andy205

I have the DW290 - massively impressed for £30-odd (watchfactory) and whilst not a "proper" G it appeals to me as it looks so old skool.

Deaconxx

I think I still prefer the G-shock from mission impossible 3:
202341d1248119724-mission-impossible-3-mtg-910d-2ver-bargain-352.jpg
WACS-MTG910D2VER.jpg

jaydeeohh

Very retro looking G. For that price, I might have to pick one up just to have it. Thanks for the write up.

Deaconxx

Dang, I think you're right!
That's what I get for stealing images from another website without doing my homework