WRUW : 30t Jan -> 5th Feb

macspite

My selection for today (and fuel for the negative v. positive display debate) This one is fine if the angle is right but most times needs the light button pressing in order to see the digits. Got some interest and positive comments when I wandered into work on my way home from a site survey though. In case you get the impression that I have had a leisurely day - once I got home I had a complex work package plan / risk assessment to draw up then write up the site survey. Project manager work yet it gets given to me. But at least my Christmas rate cut and the reduction in claimable expenses keeps me loyal and cheerful :dejection:

20120203_145706.jpg
DW-6600RS-1

rutteger

Administrator
Does look stealthy, DIY negative though isn't it?

Thought I'd best go for Mudman to check freezing temps and in order to have a compass on hand in case I, er, get stuck in a blizzard.

IMG_20120204_120356.jpg

macspite

Positive or Negative display ? That is the question :rolleyes:

Seems obvious to me - one of each!

I've been banged up in my flowery all weekend designing magazine ads, flyers and posters for our forthcoming military show. You probably haven't heard me mention it before ... :cool-new:

Not much call for a watch as I couldn't deviate from my task. Decided I ought to find something to grace these pages with so this morning grabbed the decidedly pre-owned watch I got a few days ago and slipped it on to a yellowed G-Lide band. It cost little but seems to have a bad case of resin beetle in the black part of the bezel at the 6 o'clock position, the khaki seems unaffected for the moment - maybe there are different species of beetle, each attacking a certain colour of resin?

20120205_131701.jpg

XAYMACA AW-510RX module 2336

rutteger

Administrator
A bit more ryhming slang I had to google - well behind the curve there.

The G looks to have seem some wear! Is it one of these pictured on G-Shock Perfect Search?

Agree on the negative vs positive debate - both is the way forward :D

Given we've around 2cm of snow here in the UK and the country has ground to a predictable halt went for the snow themed DW-6900 ;)

IMG_20120205_104800.jpg

macspite

@seanobsdot - nice to see you in this thread!

@rutteger - no snow for me (yet). Yes the watch is as shown in the linky but neither it nor watchshock.com archives show this particular colourway - needs a nice NATO strap in sand or khaki to set it off. Yes it has had some wear, another abused and bruised cheapie for me to wear on those site visits that require a drill and manual labour rather than poncing about taking pictures and measuring things.

rutteger

Administrator
@seanobsdot - nice to see you in this thread!

x2

@rutteger - no snow for me (yet). Yes the watch is as shown in the linky but neither it nor watchshock.com archives show this particular colourway - needs a nice NATO strap in sand or khaki to set it off. Yes it has had some wear, another abused and bruised cheapie for me to wear on those site visits that require a drill and manual labour rather than poncing about taking pictures and measuring things.

None on the balmy South Coast? Bad luck. Think it'll melt here tomorrow anyhow. Always slightly dissapointed the perfect search isn't more, er, perfect!