WRUW : 30t Jan -> 5th Feb

macspite

Part 2 -

AA brought me home. Had organised vehicle to borrow, mechanic and parts while sitting roadside. Water pump £35 but ---- the cam belt needs to be disturbed to get at the pump and it is highly recommended to replace it and the tensioners - if the belt goes then pistons will hit valves and engine will be scrap so another £65. Plus 5 litres of antifreeze. And then mechanics time tomorrow :(

Then I find someone has posted a flyer in my virtual mailbox which turned out to be some fly-by-night watch forum newsletter. Bl**dy spammers :D

Went to the post office to pay £15.66 duty and handling charge on a $60 watch and to pick up another near end of life beater. This is the good watch:

By mixed tungsten and daylight:

20120201_171115.jpg

By direct flash-on-camera

20120201_171213.jpg
G1700BD-1AV

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - bad luck on the car. Hope you can get it fixed up quickly at least. Not sure the timex 100% led to the automotive issues but is it worth the risk ;) G1700BD looks great. Bad news on the newsletter, there is an unsubscribe option ;)

@sharkfin - great Dee & Ricky :D

69onehundred

I made a very bad decision this morning. With over 60 Casio watches to choose from I thought I would wear this instead:

View attachment 1721

I'm really fancying one of those Timex Ironman Shocks. Are the cases just hard moulded plastic, like a 'normal' digital watch, or actually resin like on a G Shock?

WARNING! Wearing Timex watches makes your water pump fail :mad-new:

I'm really fancying one of those Timex Ironman Shocks. Are the cases just hard moulded plastic, like a 'normal' digital watch, or actually resin like on a G Shock?

macspite

I haven't taken it apart (yet) but it seems to be hard plastic as an all-in-one moulding rather than case and bezel. One thing noticeabkle with wearing for less than a full day was that the keeper has become noticeably blackened with rubbing against the inside of my black fleece.

When /i have time I will do a series of pictures of it against a 66 or 6900.

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite be good to see how it compares sizewise to a G.

Anyhow gone old school today, DW-5600C

IMG_20120202_113703.jpg

rcorreale

Wearing the Frogman Master Blue again today:

e9e7cd31.jpg

4cd3c148.jpg

I like your 5600 retteger, might have to break mine out soon as it hasn't seen any wrist time in quite a while, such a comfortable watch to wear.

rutteger

Administrator
I like your 5600 retteger, might have to break mine out soon as it hasn't seen any wrist time in quite a while, such a comfortable watch to wear.

Cheers, often end up overlooking the old squares in favour of newer, flashier Gs. But they are great watches and of course where it all started :D

macspite

After yesterday's diversions with Timex I have returned to the fold. My borrowed Freelander drove sweet as a nut to Peterborough and back, the only disappointment being the fuel consumption. No nasty drilling or spanner wielding on site today, I was there to check readiness and feasibility for machine moves - so I could wear one of my better watches without fear of scratches:

20120202_125142.jpg

GW-3000B "Gravity Defier" "Aviator" "Cockpit Series"

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite glad to see your back with Casio and once again things are running smoothly :p

Gone for the DW-6500 skyforce today

IMG_20120203_103154.jpg