Negative Display vs normal display

G-Man

Hi All,
Im looking for a new G-Shock and always wanted one with a negative display. When i finally saw the watch in my own eyes, the negative display looks hard to read compared to normal display. There is no doubt that watch with negative display looks much "cooler", but it comes with the price of more difficult display.
Are there any G-shocks with better negative display then others?

some models that i liked but decided to look for new ones after seen the negative display:
GW-9100MB-1JF
GW-9200MBJ-1JF
GW-9100MB-1JF

feel free to suggest more models, but with normal display.

Thanks.

Olivier

For one week, I've daily used a GW-9300GY which has a Negative display. I agree, sometimes it can be hard (but not impossible) to read it.
I think it's comfortable enough for using it in standard situation. In dark environment, just active Auto Light functionality then all should be OK.

rutteger

Administrator
I've had a few with negative displays and haven't noticed a massive difference between models. Find the negative display perfectly legible although it seems others may not - it's quite subjective.

Heaps of models to suggest with a positive display, both the GW-9100 (which is outgoing) and GW-9200 come with a positive display also. Could also look at the new GW-9300-1 Mudman. Maybe let us know what sort of features you're after?

G-Man

thanks you all for replying!

When i was in the shop and compared the negative vs. normal display, the last one was much easier to read, don't you think the same?

in spite of that, all the negative displays really looks great. the new Mudman GW-9300GB that rutteger suggested looks amazing.

I don't really look for a specific feature, i only use the stopwatch in the gym. besides that, the looks and easy to use is the most appealing characteristics for me.

i also liked the G-9200GY-1, but the left sensor donsnt look good for me. the G9300-1 could also be an option, but the lack of physical button for the light is a bit irritating.

any other new models?

thanks ahead!

G-Man

never attempt this. for some reason, i think that the response of this would be much slower then physical button and too many times where the light will go on without need.
am i wrong?

G-Man

p.s
no need for Wave Ceptor (which probably comes with extra cost), that service is not available in my area.

rutteger

Administrator
Also quite like the Auto EL, find it useful and use it on all the watches I own with this feature. The Auto EL takes quite a deliberate action so it rarely goes off without need in my expereince.

The multiband 5 / 6 waveceptor function does come at a premium.

I'd also agree a positive display is more legible than negative. But equally I find negative fine to read. And it looks cool :D

A few more suggestions

GW-7900B-1JF.jpg
GW-7900B-1JF Multiband6, negative display and large EL button

4dbd4834.jpg
GW-6900BC

$(KGrHqZ,!l!E3HniKtCuBN0MNM(9QQ~~0_12.JPG
G-6900 Positive display, large EL button

G-9300GY-1.jpg
G-9300GY mudman

Sure there are plenty more which would suit! One thing you might wish to bare in mind is that some models, esp the larger Masters are quite chunky which may or may not be idea for gym work. I wouldn't wear something like a large GW-200 Frog when I go running....

G-Man

thanks for the detailed answer.
no worries about the size, im good.

is there a center place where i can find all the relevant G-Shock models? i thought all are located in G-Shock website, but every time i find another model in this web-pages that does not exists there.

rutteger

Administrator
thanks for the detailed answer.
no worries about the size, im good.

is there a center place where i can find all the relevant G-Shock models? i thought all are located in G-Shock website, but every time i find another model in this web-pages that does not exists there.

No problem :)

Sadly there is no central website where you can see all models released worldwide - which is a shame. About the closest is the Japanese main G-shock site > http://g-shock.jp/lineup/index.html , this has most of the current releases but does seem to omit outgoing models which are still readily available (for example the G-9000 Mudman).

Otherwise best idea is to look around this site (maybe look at the front page for new releases) and look at the suppliers listed here > http://www.g-shockzone.com/showwiki.php?title=Where-to-buy-G-Shock and just get an idea of the sort of thing you like!