My worn G-Shock DW-6100 Addict

rutteger

Administrator
Had this a couple of years but just found the pics again. Picked up this rather worn and dead DW-6100CF-3JF Addict a while back from the 'bay. The watch wasn't working when I obtained it but after a few months waiting managed to get hold of another dw-6100 cheaply enough to make one good module in the Addict.

As you can see from the pics the band and keeper are pretty worn and tired. I kind of like the worn in look, interested to hear others opinions

IMG_9620_edited-1.jpgIMG_9623_edited-1.jpg

Pics from the Addict site, originally released back in '03 in two variants the green camo DW-6100CF-3 Addict and gray camo DW-6100CF-8, 500 in total released via Addict stores.

addict7.jpg

disavowed

LOVE IT.

There's no way I'd replace the band. Works so well with the whole camo/in-the-trenches/foxholes look...

Since grabbing that old 5300 and 290 - I have a whole new appreciation for vintage and the inherent fact that since they're still around and working after 15-17 years, they're truly worthy of the CASIO/G-SHOCK name...

rutteger

Administrator
Cheers disavowed. I do like the shabby and well worn aspect of it, has some nice wabi / patina. Don't suppose I'd find a new band for it even if I wanted one!

disavowed

LOL.

Seriously - when someone sees it on your wrist - they'll probably think twice about messing with you, thinking you're some former bad-@$$ GI w/ wartime under your belt...

rutteger

Administrator
LOL.

Seriously - when someone sees it on your wrist - they'll probably think twice about messing with you, thinking you're some former bad-@$$ GI w/ wartime under your belt...

Maybe, maybe not :D. More likely they'll think there's a middle aged man with a worn G-Shock ;)

69onehundred

I could kick myself for not picking one of these up when they came out. :( I saw them on the Addict website when they where new, but of course at the time I had no idea they would become so rare/sort after, or indeed that they where so limited.

rutteger

Administrator
I could kick myself for not picking one of these up when they came out. :( I saw them on the Addict website when they where new, but of course at the time I had no idea they would become so rare/sort after, or indeed that they where so limited.

Ahh, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Do you recall what they were going for? Think the Addict x GW-200 would've been very solid investments!

69onehundred

I can't recall exactly how much but I remember the weren't cheap (this is what put me off at the time). Certainly £100+, possibly even £130-£150? But don't quote me on that!