WRUW : 6th Feb -> 12th Feb

rutteger

Administrator
What aRe yoU Wearing this week :cool:

Started the week with something new, got to get better pics of this later

IMG_20120206_124928.jpg

MTG-900FBJ 'Ultimate Force' > http://product-search.casio.jp/wat/g-shock/watch_detail.php?m=MTG-900FBJ-1JR&n=1262

macspite

MT-G, very posh!

Drilling and getting dirty today so time for a tough but potentially disposable cheapie. What better than this Riceman:

20120206_151836.jpg

Not just a Chinese copy Riseman but an M&S Chinese copy Riseman ...

Actually works quite well even though it looks like s*** on the wrist. If I weren't aware of G-Shocks this might prove to be a reasonable watch. to me it is like a fourth or fifth generation photocopy, still recognisable but the details blurred, contrast low and overall crispness lost. Not worked out all the mode yet though have found how the altimeter works - if your hand is down by your side then it is about 1 metre above whatever height your feet are at now. If your arm is held vertically then the height is roughly two metres above your feet and someone may notice your upraised hand and ask you what you want. If you can get the height of where you are from them and add two metres - job done!

Next job is to crack the "sput" function :D

seanobsdot

Same as yesterday just got a new smartphone I've been playing with that or should I sayits been playing with me IMG_20120206_151021.jpg a tutorial of how to install the Casio app would help me if any1 knows how to install it

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite The Percy Pigs x St Michael x FakeShock Riceman looks a beaut. Dig the hourly chime icon.

@Sean. Which phone do you have? There is a tutorial in the wiki for installing the android app > How to install the G-Shock Japan android app , it's a little involved though. Think if you have an iphone it's easier, disavowed has installed the app on his I believe.

seanobsdot

@ruteger-im pretty sure its an adroid powered phone its a samsung g2x when i go to download it its all in chinese? is it supposed to be like that or is there a way to change it over to american yet???

mitsudriver

Hello gentlemen. Started the week with the GW-200 Frog

IMG_9562.jpg

Pretty sure it will still be on the wrist Tuesday, too :)

rutteger

Administrator
@ruteger-im pretty sure its an adroid powered phone its a samsung g2x when i go to download it its all in chinese? is it supposed to be like that or is there a way to change it over to american yet???

Yeah, looks like the G2X is android.

The app in the android market (in the UK at least) i think is related to the upcoming GB-6900 Bluetooth G-Shock. It does seem to be Japanese language only and doesn't do anything on my android phone at all, just displays a pop up message then closes.

To install the Japanese Android app which gives the G-Shock widget, wallpaper, launcher and twitter app is a bit involved. Main thing is 'rooting' your android phone which is beyond any discussion here (plus I've no idea how to root a g2x). There's every potential for really messing up your mobile so I'd advise caution.

macspite

Been home for two hours and only just stopped shivering! Been at work since 0800 outside in the cold with the benefit of a keen wind adding to the fun. Sense of humour failure around 1600 when feeling in hands was lost. Left Eastbourne at 18:15, car outside temp was showing as -5 C.

Back with a real Casio today, an old G-2500 from Israel where it was used by an IDF member. Worn but still like the look of it. It may not show too well in the picture but it is a dark military green

20120207_201417.jpg

I've been red-carded by Roger the Post, tomorrow the sorting office is open to 20:00 so I will make the effort to be back in time to claim whatever the package may contain - is it a new watch from Japan, a new watch from the Antipodes, two pre-owned from the States or the one I bought on eBay yesterday while working on a station ? (damn those smartphones, make spending money too easy)
Got a mail from the vendor about thirty minutes after I had bought it to say it had been packed and posted and was on its way from Guernsey!

rutteger

Administrator
That G-2500 looks to have seen some action! Any markings or stamps on the caseback to back up the military claim?

Look forward to seeing what the Postman brings ;)

Gone for the G-5500 today.

IMG_20120208_091203.jpg