Former Quartz Snob Saying Hello!

dejjl

I have been into watches for many years now and have owned most, if not all, the major brands. Anyway, quite recently I decided that £XXXX tied up in watches when I have a family etc was no longer right for me. I sold most of my collection but kept my Omega Ploprof, one of Eddie Platts PRS20-LE's and a few Seikos. I had always avoided quartz watches and even mocked mates who came out wearing plastic/rubber Casio things! Then, for some unexplainable reason I bought a Frogman from SC on TZ-UK.........and it hasn't left my wrist since. It's feature packed, unpretentious and so versatile. Since then, I have found myself scouring G-Shock websites evening after evening and a GWX-56-1BJF has just landed on my doorstep!!

I am really enjoying G-Shocks at the moment and fancy a few more (funds permitting). On my radar is a Riseman, a 5600 and a 6900, all in black of course.

I will get some pics up soon...I promise.

rutteger

Administrator
Welcome to the site dejjl :encouragement: Sounds like you must have had quite a collection of mechanicals, good call holding onto the Ploprof :)

The Gs are indeed great watches just to strap on and go, only have a couple of mechanical Seikos but do find myself worrying about scraping those big and relatively exposed crystals.

One good thing about Gs (which maybe a bad thing too ;) ) is the further you get into them the more and more you find you like. The range is immense! Look forward to seeing how your collection grows, sounds like some strong models you're targetting.

macspite

Since then, I have found myself scouring G-Shock websites evening after evening and a GWX-56-1BJF has just landed on my doorstep!!

I am really enjoying G-Shocks at the moment and fancy a few more (funds permitting). On my radar is a Riseman, a 5600 and a 6900, all in black of course.

I will get some pics up soon...I promise.

Ebay is a prime site for G-Shocks but beware of the many charlatans, scratters and downright dishonest little toe-rags on there. Especially on the DW-6900 front.

I use watchrecon.com with the fields set to Casio and 7 days and get a couple of pages of watches to look at. It is basically a site that looks at sales forums such as watchuseek.com and timezone and posts the latest ads, almost in real time. Unfortunately most of the kit is in the States so add paypal fees, exchange surcharges, VAT and customs clearance fees to the prices :(

Am I teaching granny to suck eggs? :D

"all in black, of course" - let yourself go, there are so many great coloured Gs out there! :cool:

Nice of you to come along and say hello, looking forward to the pics