Lo.wer Unboxing

macspite

I posted a link to the above thread on another watch forum which shall be nameless but got a private message from Ernie Romer saying that the link had been removed.

So I have posted my entire post over there instead :D

seanobsdot

@macspite- ohh i didnt know that this was numbered to 100 that can explain the rpice right there and that misprint(if it is one) which from what it sounds like it is...is going to be a real collectors peice when they send out the right watches or...like others on the thread have said the corrected ones will be a real collectors peice

rutteger

Administrator
I posted a link to the above thread on another watch forum which shall be nameless but got a private message from Ernie Romer saying that the link had been removed.

So I have posted my entire post over there instead :D

Really? What reason did they give for removing your post / link from Watchuseek?

Anyhow. Was this collab limited to 100 in total? Super rare in that case :)

macspite

No reason given but I think that the link was deemed to have contravened the rule regarding "Links to commercial sites" which seems pretty harsh as I imagine this site costs you plenty to run rather than generating any income.

And yes, the collab seems to be a limited to 100 edition - until the next release of course!

rutteger

Administrator
No reason given but I think that the link was deemed to have contravened the rule regarding "Links to commercial sites" which seems pretty harsh as I imagine this site costs you plenty to run rather than generating any income.

Lol, really? It does seem a touch heavy handed especially as you say I'm nowhere near breaking even from the one ad block on the front page and a few affiliate links. Certainly won't be preventing anyone linking to watchuseek (and the other G-Shock sites they're in partnership/cahoots with) even though one might say there were 'commercial' judging by the large number of banner adverts splashed about. Always think that sort of thing can be somewhat counterproductive long term :p

And yes, the collab seems to be a limited to 100 edition - until the next release of course!

Thanks, have updated the wiki accordingly.

macspite

Just got this email from the guys at Lo.wer - as you read it you will realise what a great crew they are:

Hey Rob,

Glad you like the leather work man, we liked your post on the thread, thanks. Good spotting on the Ani't.

Initially it was a mistake on our early artwork draft which got picked up before we went any further. After a bit of a laugh we decided it could be a fun way to keep the first 99 unique. However we made 1 watch with the correct spelling of Ain't on the back plate which is somewhere out there in the marketplace. The 1 watch with the normal 'Ain't' spelling has a note in the package to alert the buyer that they have the one and only 'Ain't' watch and we have a prize pack to go to the purchaser of that watch. Most places have sold out but there are still a couple of national stores with a watch or two left and we haven't been contacted by the buyer of the 'Ain't' watch yet. There were talks amongst Japan of another run in the future so we believe it's nice to have this fun unique stamp on this first small release.

Because you were the first eagle eye we'll send you a You Know We Ani't tee (see attached pic of the tee on Jake with the farmer from the teaser vid at the release party).

418775_10150514076955866_17313825865_9349685_907541697_n.jpg

Flick us your size and address and we'll have it sent from here in the next day or two.

Thanks
[FONT=Helvetica, Verdana, Arial]_________________________

You Know We Ain't Ltd
Dan

[/FONT]

rutteger

Administrator
Now that is very cool. Good to see they have a sense of humour, look forward to seeing the shirt.

That one correctly spelled model will be twice as collectable :)

Feisar

Nice nice! They have a great sense of humor and looking forward to seeing more stuff from Lo.Wer. Grat's on the t-shirt.

macspite

Feisar;3651Grat's on the t-shirt.[/QUOTE said:
It shows that my expensive education in English Grammar has finally proved useful.

I done learned me some grammar an' that an' all I got was this lousy T-shirt! :cool: