WRUW : 13th Feb -> 19th Feb

rutteger

Administrator
Kicked the week of with my GW-9200 with Rescue Orange band and bezel. It's still monday but at least it's a little brighter ;)

IMG_20120213_093353.jpg

macspite

Mynd i'rorsaf Ganolog Caerdyddheddiw. Yr oedd ynllawn oAlbanwyrdisconsolate yn kilts gwneud eu fforddyn ôladrefar ôl buddugoliaeth Cymru. Gwisgofyllyffant modded ychydig. Mae hanner ycyhoeddiadauorsafoeddmewn rhyw iaithrhyfedd! :confused:

20120213_111035.jpg

Went to Cardiff Central station today. It was full of disconsolate Scots in kilts making their way back home after the Welsh victory. Wore my slightly modded frog. Half the station announcements were in some strange language!

macspite

<Attempts Leslie Phillips voice> Ding Dong!

Half hourly chimes? I feel the need today to tell the time by when it gets dark. Whole delightful day of paperwork - invoices, timesheets, accounts, method statements, press releases and blog updates for the show (have I told you about our military show in June ... ) and spending too much time in diversions such as this forum :D

Just because I have no need for telling the time doesn't stop me wearing a watch and it's the wee chap I found sitting on my doormat when I came home last night that gets star billing today. Upstairs for a quick CR2016 transfusion and restored to health. A simple DW-9000 with basic functions, easy to read and in surprisingly good condition. Sold as spares or repair - a gamble - £16.50 including post plus a cheap battery. Looked fine inside, O ring in good nick but no battery at all. Fired up straightaway, didn't even need an AC operation (but got one anyway). I must be getting practised in battery changes, did it in the time it took to boil a kettle for coffee :D

20120214_103119.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Nice for £16, if you spy another DW-9000 for that sort of cash let me know, need a button off one to fix an old codename.

Seem to recall you had one of the old 'Lovers Collection' Gs, surely today is the day to be wearing it :p

macspite

Nice for £16, if you spy another DW-9000 for that sort of cash let me know, need a button off one to fix an old codename.

Seem to recall you had one of the old 'Lovers Collection' Gs, surely today is the day to be wearing it :p

How specific is the button to the DW-9XXX series? Are there any other models that would do?

And yes, have the Lovers 97 Witch and dragon, no witch to entice with it though. :(

rutteger

Administrator
How specific is the button to the DW-9XXX series? Are there any other models that would do?

Think it's more or less only the DW-9xxx series which has the same bezel and buttons as the DW-8900 Codename. Have compared with a couple of DW-00x series models with shrouded buttons and they are different.