rutteger

Administrator
Something LRG arrived today :)

Whoa, that LRG Frog is awesome.

Gone for the new (to me) DW-6900NB-7 today

IMG_20120215_102212.jpg

macspite

Snap!

Sort of ... I very briefly wore a black 6900 today before putting it back in the box it had just arrived in. Not happy with it? Returning to sender?

No way!

20120215_111333.jpg

Not cheap - £68 delivered (around 100 dollars) but in nice condition. Seeing as non-custom 6900s are £85 RRP it isn't as pricey as it might appear for a second hand black DW-6900

Another one for the club committee to consider :tickled_pink:

69onehundred

Snap!

Sort of ... I very briefly wore a black 6900 today before putting it back in the box it had just arrived in. Not happy with it? Returning to sender?

No way!

View attachment 1899

Not cheap - £68 delivered (around 100 dollars) but in nice condition. Seeing as non-custom 6900s are £85 RRP it isn't as pricey as it might appear for a second hand black DW-6900

Another one for the club committee to consider :tickled_pink:

Wow! :D I really like that one! What was the model number? Was it a 'standard issue' Casio model or an exclusive/collab'? I may very well have to try and find one ...

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite. Nice, very distinctive. Also interested to know if a collab / limited edition or custom (assume the latter).

macspite

It is a standard base 6900 but has been customised by a Korean guy who used to be on eBay. Something seems to have gone wrong as he hasn't listed anything for a while and he has had a couple of recent negative feedbacks:

addtime.JPG

It has the multicolour LCD, digits show silver when they catch the light. Haven't seen one for a while and searching on Google (other search engines are available) brought up just three pictures even varying the search terms. one leading to ebay and two to a certain arrogant watch forum.

20120215_111645.jpg
Another not particularly good shot. Needs a bit more blur and from further away if I am to pass this off as a Chinese fake Bape

macspite

It has been a busy day here at Macspite Towers. Excitement when the above watch arrived at 11:05 - I was bathing my important little places when the bell rang so I descended the staircases modestly clad in a fetching towel to meet the parcel van driving postwoman. I am not sure whether her excitement at viewing me was at quite the same level as mine when viewing the parcel.

This afternoon the bell rang again and I made my weary way down the flights to the front door. A bicycling postie this time bearing another parcel (with a CV postcode) More of that anon.

But I am trying to catch up on myself and show you Saturday's watch. Picked it up from the sorting office before going to pick up the Lo.wer from Parcel Farse. The Lo.wer somewhat eclipsed this rather nice DW-003H-2T (1661 module)

20120211_132151-1.jpg

As the picture suggests it needed a battery which it got. Fired straight up but I gave it an AC just for luck. All great except no backlight.
Those of you familiar with the 1661 module will be nodding wisely by now and telling one another that I had failed to activate the backlight by holding down a button while in timekeeping mode. I had activated the backlight and it wasn't #@*&dy working.

Put it to one side to play with the Lo.wer. Retrieved it today and stripped and rebuilt it. Everything works fine - except for the backlight. I haven't actually taken the module apart, it looks in good nick, no signs of previous dismantling and thus no reason to disturb it though that may be the last resort.

The watch had arrived quickly, the seller had mailed me to let me know it was on its way so I sent a polite note back saying I was very pleased apart from the backlight. He replied that it had been fine when he put it in the drawer when the battery failed but he was quite happy to give a full refund. But I like the watch!

20120211_132225.jpg

Strap and label are in nice condition. The watch has a tele-memo function, and dual time. One nice little touch is that in timekeeping mode the day in the header can be replaced by a graphic looking like, err, a graphic equaliser display that flashes once a second.

20120215_144103.jpg
I have a feeling this was an early (1997) collab with a Japanese graphic artist called TOMI-E

rutteger

Administrator
The custom DW-6900 is very striking, wonder what he / she used to get the rainbow display with silvered digits. Nice work :)

Shame on the DW-003 EL, watch looks virtually unworn otherwise.

Glad the Gs arrived safely :)

macspite

20120216_105728.jpg

Bit of an experiment on station platform waiting for paint to dry and using handwriting recognition on mobile