Unboxing: GWF-1000RD-4JF

GTR83

I originally posted this thread on WUS. But since I am also quite the active member around these parts I figured why not post it here too, may help sway some people to make their decision and get one too ;). So, here's the better late than never:

After three weeks of waiting and constant wondering whether I have made a big mistake or have scored big time instead, and just when I have started forgetting about it, suddenly a package came knocking at my door. Well, not exactly, since the guy actually showed up during a date today to deliver it to me. Quite a surprise! I was enjoying a Chinese traditional massage along with my girlfriend when he called and said "I can deliver your stuff there if you want to." Of course I can say nothing else but yes, yes and yes. This one was held by Customs for quite some time, and unsurprisingly the original cardboard package it was sent with, along with the original receipt, is nowhere to be found. Thankfully the watch itself is in pristine condition |>.

Having seen quite a few JDM unboxing threads recently I decided to take some photos with a better camera than my usual fruity shooter (a BlackBerry). Well it's not much better especially with my poor camera sk1llz, but it's 4 a.m down here so this is the best I can do right now. This watch deserves to have only the good pictures of it taken!

Without further ado, let me introduce you to my not-so-little friend:

The cardboard box containing the package is lost along with the receipt. Thankfully the bubble wrap probably gave the Customs guy second thoughts! :-d

IMG_2092 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

Hmm... I wonder which G-Shock uses this module? :think:

IMG_2095 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

A G-Shock in a leather box? Never saw something like this before to be honest! :-s

IMG_2098 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

All I can say is (was) WOW!!!

IMG_2099 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

I don't whether it's my mouth or the Robotic Frog's mouth which is gaping wider due to excitement...

IMG_2102 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

An ecstatic owner's wrist shots.

IMG_2103 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

IMG_2104 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

IMG_2105 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

IMG_2106 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

A close up shot of the "Homescreen". I dunno, I just like to call it that, maybe because these are smartwatches (akin to smartphones)? :-d

IMG_2107 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

ZOOM!!!

IMG_2108 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

A shot of the beautiful blue EL. Casio should make more of these - blue is always friendlier to the eyes IMO (except when it's a BSOD :-d).

IMG_2110 by GeoShocker, on Flickr

That's all for now folks, I need to get some sleep. Will post more pictures as well. Thanks a lot to all the boardies (you all know who you are ;-)) for having inspired me to get this watch. Along with the incoming GW-9125D, I guess now my hunt has been completed for the time being, as the Big Red Machine iz in da h0uze!!! (please pardon the l33tsp3ak).

rutteger

Administrator
Simply awesome, thanks for sharing. Great set of pics and thread too :) Having seen this and other threads starting to feel the need for a new Frog :p

Along with the incoming GW-9125D, I guess now my hunt has been completed for the time being, as the Big Red Machine iz in da h0uze!!! (please pardon the l33tsp3ak).

Completed! Surely there is always one more ;)

GTR83

Well, I originally posted those words maybe a week or two ago and a lot has changed since then :p I got the GW-1210BJ this week and am waiting for a Seiko Black Monster (SKX779).

TZA

saw this on the other forum, congrats! awesome watch, just beautiful.

im having a hard time deciding which model i want...MIBR or MIDP?

no rush for me tho, ill keep looking at all the options. thanks for sharing.