rutteger

Administrator
New to me G-7900

IMG_20120224_092529.jpg

Pendragon69

Nice 6900!

This is the parcel from yesterday:

View attachment 1989

Big box full of cushioning and the important bits inside the wee black box. £6.00 postage and packing of which the seller had spent £5.90 on 1st class recorded insured and tracked delivery. £0.10 for packing everything up, materials and taking to the post office is a fair old bargain!

Contents:

View attachment 1990

Spare brand new bezel and strap - I feel a gentle mod coming on
Plenty of time left on the warranty

On the wrist:
View attachment 1991

Amazing how dust appears on a watch as soon as you try to photograph it
GWF-1000-1DR

Many thanks to Clive, eBay i.d. spraygun100, for a quick, slick and friendly transaction

Tis so zexy :p

Noticed its on your right wrist. How do you get on with it btw? As I wear watches on the right also

macspite

I have no problem with wearing watches on the right - I have tried the left wrist but it feels strange. I am left-handed in most things so it makes sense to keep the watch on the hand that isn't in the thick of the action. Not yet come across a watch that is difficult to operate because it is built for right-handers.

Many traditional wind-up watches have the winder at the 3 o'clock position which must dig in if you are wearing on the left and your wrist is bent backwards. Far more comfortable on the right wrist and, unless you have the watch band done up like a tourniquet, easy enough to get at the winder.

Any way, here is yesterday's arrival, now happy with a new CR-2016 to chew on.

20120224_100717.jpg

Nice subdued camo strap

20120224_100821.jpg

G-2600

macspite

I noticed no problem with wearing it on my right wrist, had it on for about 36 hours continuously - apart from taking a bath, I always remove watches when doing that!

It's not the only asymmetric watch that I have either :

Two Frog 200's, this DWX-100:

20120106_083333.jpg

and this Marks and Spencer sport watch (they should be ashamed!)

20120118_150749.jpg

On the other hand (pun unintentional but I'll leave it in) is this:

20120128_193629.jpg

which, peversely, I am wearing on the left hand because I was too lazy to take off the watch on the right hand to take a photo. For some reason Casio made it that way round with no thought to left wristed watch wearers being put off by the perceived discomfort.

Or, short answer, not bovvered :D

Pendragon69

I'm surprised that it doesnt effect the movement of your hand in anyway but its ofc a good thing that it doesnt :) Will def keep that in mind when thinking about getting one :p

BEEPO-1

I noticed no problem with wearing it on my right wrist, had it on for about 36 hours continuously - apart from taking a bath, I always remove watches when doing that!

It's not the only asymmetric watch that I have either :

Two Frog 200's, this DWX-100:

View attachment 2016

and this Marks and Spencer sport watch (they should be ashamed!)

View attachment 2017

On the other hand (pun unintentional but I'll leave it in) is this:

View attachment 2018

which, peversely, I am wearing on the left hand because I was too lazy to take off the watch on the right hand to take a photo. For some reason Casio made it that way round with no thought to left wristed watch wearers being put off by the perceived discomfort.

Or, short answer, not bovvered :D

Does that have the same module as the DW-6200 (or whatever is called the "rally") and supposedly dispised?

macspite

Yesterday - left the house to go and see the historian at the local museum - didn't put a watch on! Had to tell the time by my car clock, radio, mobile phone, angle of the sun and, half an hour before sunset, the clock on the control panel of the microlight I blagged a lift in :D

Today made sure I had a King on my wrist as I wrestled with a friend's infected computer ( many of the files had been set to hidden and it had AOL installed - a virus in itself IMHO) Didn't bother with a picture as you all know what a GX-56 looks like