50 G's

macspite

On watchshock.com is the facility to store your collection on line - assuming that your model of watch is shown in their archive. This explains why I have rather more G's than appear in the grid of 50 shown below. Time for a cull perhaps but which ones?

50 G.jpg

macspite

C'mon, you don't seriously expect me to get up and count them do you? Probably 60 - there are 2 ICERCs and 2 Frogs not shown plus a couple of DW-00x. Oh, and a Lo.wer. I may have a check tomorrow :D

Well, I could cull the tatty or the slightly damaged but then what would I wear for the rough work? I could sell some of the more exotic, (may have to if this week's lack of work drags on) but if so - which ones?

Possibly I could invite people to choose which ones I sell but they would have to be prepared to accept a sharp "NO!" in most, if not all cases.

rutteger

Administrator
Always hard to decide which to sell, easier to keep 'em all ;)

60 is a good collection though, how many did you have at the start of 2011 ?

macspite

60 is a good collection though, how many did you have at the start of 2011 ?

Effectively none.

Bought a GW-3000 in July 2011 after much studying the market, the reviews, the range of Casios available and the various forums (that's how you got lumbered with me :D )

Realised that it was too nice to use in all the situations I would encounter so bought a cheap, new with defects GW-500 to use daily.

Then remembered I had a dead DW-6600 in a drawer after reading a post elsewhere about changing batteries (thanks, Sjors!). The bezel crumbled as soon as I touched it but TikTox were able to supply a new one. Revived the 6600 which I had bought back when it was new on the market.

And then the collection grew ...

macspite

@Shocker - thanks but no plans to move on the more attractive items in my collection at the moment, if I do get rid of anything - unlikely! - it will be some of the cheapies that I have rescued and put batteries in

@terryjames - how many pairs of shoes does she have? Or handbags? She must have some area of weakness you can use against her .. :D