Are third party straps worth bothering with?

rutteger

Administrator
I have a similar if not identical 'aftermarket' Casio strap. Quality wise it's fine. If it's for an everyday use watch I'd give it a go...

macspite

I am sitting at home this week with just a little paperwork to charge work for - probably 4 hours worth. So I need to start something moving to earn a crust.

I have a trade account, yet to be christened with a supplier of watch straps and can do similar to the eBay item for half that price to forum members.

I can also get decent quality CR20xx batteries at a very keen price and some simple tools such as spring pin removers.

This all stemmed from a thread a while back about getting just keepers for watch straps. I realised the other day that I have at least 10 watches that I don't wear due to lack of keepers - which aren't available separately from Casio. So I am going to put in an order for ten of the cheap diver style straps purely for the keepers.

I will wait a couple of days for anyone who wants to join in the order to pm me, meanwhile I'll firm up costs and - the deal killer - postage - most items will be able to go at large letter rate rather than parcel which should keep the costs down.

You can see the range of kit available at http://www.lbslondon.co.uk/ but they only deal with UK registered companies - like wot I am :D

Any takers?