Discuss :-)

macspite

Coherent words fail me, expletives flow freely :dejection:

Where do we start?

The printed hands whose pivot point isn't in the centre of the dial? Tough solar with a completely white face? The LED frontlight? Hands and digital times in no form of sync whatsoever?

The depressing thing is that there are 21 bids on it, £39 current bid and still 7 hours to go.

One for the fakes page that I should get round to contributing to on the Wiki :D

rutteger

Administrator
Wow. That's a real shocker, probably one of the crappest fakes I've seen. Not even clear if it's based on any model in particular, just looks like a freestyle. Terrible. The price is suspect too, what's going on there?!?

macspite

Unfortunately not an isolated incident. People are buying all kinds of fake Casios on eBay and eBay authorities seem to do nothing about acting on any reports of counterfeit watches sent in.

For this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....0&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1288 I tried a more direct approach:

Dear williamtay2010,

William, the reason these watches have the functions reversed is that they are cheap Chinese fakes as I assume you know. Might be an idea to stop selling these before someone more vindictive than me reports you to eBay for selling counterfeit products.

Regards, Rob

fake 6900.jpg

macspite

No reply from your man but he ( I assume ) has pulled the auction with "item is no longer available". The problem is that it all too easy to buy these fakes from the far east, singly or in bulk and then punt them out to buyers who either don't know that they are buying a fake and are put off Casio for life or are fully aware that the item is a sexton but want it for its fashion cachet, much as fake Nike, Burberry, Bape items are eagerly bought.

I'm looking at entering the "homage" market myself but have very little capital so starting with a line of fake Poundland kit ...

seanobsdot

crazy some stupid idiot paid that much money for suck a poor looking watch. the number on it look like some kid painted them on...........

rutteger

Administrator
The problem is that it all too easy to buy these fakes from the far east, singly or in bulk and then punt them out to buyers who either don't know that they are buying a fake and are put off Casio for life or are fully aware that the item is a sexton but want it for its fashion cachet, much as fake Nike, Burberry, Bape items are eagerly bought.

Agreed, the internet makes selling stuff like this far easier too.

Not heard the term 'sexton' used to describe a fake before.