WRUW : 12th to 18th December

Bubbly Tubs

It was from GSE, obviously there was some other purchases too, will try and filter them into WRUW thread. Until then here's a pic I took from the shop yesterday.

c59f00ba.jpg

macspite

@ Bubbly Tubs - very nice. Did you buy all ten? :rolleyes: Anyway, I hold you responsible for an eighty quid hole in my wallet! It was you who said that this would be an ideal addition to a collection:

IMG_2254-1.jpg

Picked it up from the post office yesterday and started to play with it last night. I was never overly keen on the model with its odd shaped eye but now I have tried it on the wrist I think it is great. Amazing feature set too, still exploring the manual. Eighty quid well spent!

IMG_2260.jpg

Bubbly Tubs

@ macspite, That's well funny. But it is a very nice watch. It does more than you initially think. It's the only G I know with a metal keeper, and they don't come up that often.

macspite

I have seen metal keepers on some ICERC frogs - with a dolphin cut out. Certainly more durable than the standard resin keepers which are prone to coming apart. Casio, of course, do not supply keepers, only complete straps.

I have a source of wholesale watch straps and if anyone wants Casio style straps complete just to replace the rotted keeper on their own watch let me know and I will try to get enough orders to make it worth the postage on a parcel from the wholesalers. The range of stuff they sell is at http://www.lbslondon.co.uk but you need a trade account to view the prices.

They have a full range of straps and batteries which could be of interest

I'm not a trader but for purposes of getting paid as a contractor I have my own limited company which allows me to register on sites like this. Just hope Mr Moderator Rutteger doesn't spot this and kick me off site for blatant advertising :devilish:

rutteger

Administrator
Go for a nice colourful G!

Went with this in the end

IMG_20111204_113827.jpg

Rarely gets any wear so feel I ought to use it when the occasion allows. The raised exposed crystal and the fact it's older than I am means I'm a little more cautious than with any G.

Put things right today and dug out the Dw-5600C.

IMG_20111218_213210.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - Nice modded DW-6600 as seen on skiddz thread. What does RS stand for ;) ? What is the model # of the new green watch?

@Bubbly Tubs - Guess GSE is a given although it might've been GSW ;) Look at that box of ten! Did you ask how many they got in?

@skiddz - Frog is looking great, nice choice for your first limited edition :D

macspite

RS = my initials therefore DW-6600RS-1 is the first modded G that I have tried, in a currently very limited edition. Must see if I can get 1/1 engraved on the back. No doubt there will be a host of cheap Chinese imitations on eBay before the year is out. The genuine article is available from me at a very reasonable £450.00 :cool:

Might change the name to FW-6600 for FrankenWatch ...

As for the green watch - it's a G-7710KRT-3. Great for Christmas as the alarm or timer signal is both sound and flashing green and red LEDs! Set both timers to a few seconds each and you have a continuous light show. Variable contrast display gives really crisp digits, one of the most legible G's I have seen.

As you can tell I am very pleased that Mr. Tubs led me into temptation!

Bubbly Tubs

@ rutteger, they had 50 which you can see the boxes of stacked up in the pic. At one point I was helping them set up and had all 50 in my arms, I did jest about doing a bunk with em ha ha

rutteger

Administrator
I have a source of wholesale watch straps and if anyone wants Casio style straps complete just to replace the rotted keeper on their own watch let me know and I will try to get enough orders to make it worth the postage on a parcel from the wholesalers. The range of stuff they sell is at http://www.lbslondon.co.uk but you need a trade account to view the prices.

They have a full range of straps and batteries which could be of interest

I'm not a trader but for purposes of getting paid as a contractor I have my own limited company which allows me to register on sites like this. Just hope Mr Moderator Rutteger doesn't spot this and kick me off site for blatant advertising :devilish:

No problem with you offering stuff through the site, sure it'd be of interest to many. I'd be keen on a few keepers if nothing else, also batteries depending on cost :D