New, old Froggie

Bubbly Tubs

Hi guys as mentioned in WRUW thread, I picked up a very nice piece from a fellow forum member last week, and here are the pics. Had a few problems with photobucket hence the delay.

eee5207c.jpg

5f617a40.jpg

8393d776.jpg

23ca4d3b.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
That is indeed a very special G-Shock, really think the older Frogs are great and that looks really crisp in the blue. Think one day I'll need one to join my GW-200 :cool: What's model number for that, DW-9902??

Bubbly Tubs

Your bang on it's a DW 9902WC. I thought it might of brought me some closure in relation to the fact that my masters of G collection is now complete. I mean I have at least one of each now. But whilst it's very nice, I still fancy a GW 200 model with an actual frog on it.

I got through a mate who's got a contact in Japan, and it's not got a mark on it. It's still got the sticky back plastic on the rear casing, as you can just make out in the pic.

rutteger

Administrator
Your bang on it's a DW 9902WC. I thought it might of brought me some closure in relation to the fact that my masters of G collection is now complete. I mean I have at least one of each now. But whilst it's very nice, I still fancy a GW 200 model with an actual frog on it.

I got through a mate who's got a contact in Japan, and it's not got a mark on it. It's still got the sticky back plastic on the rear casing, as you can just make out in the pic.

Yup, it looks pretty mint from the pics! Handy to have a contact in Japan indeed.

I think when it comes to collecting G-Shock (or anything for that matter) closure is often hard to find. I've been in a vaguely similar situation when I've had one last G to target - there is (of course) always another !

macspite

How many serious G-Shock collectors do you think there are in the world? Casio seem to have a good idea judging by the released numbers of their limited editions - enough to ensure a sell out (and a lively second hand market).

And is it enough to have just one Frogman in the collection when the name applies to a range of models and colours and special editions ... :cool:

Bubbly Tubs

I've already kinda lined up the next two. And there's a third that I desperately want but can't find any where. But for me that's half the fun.

rutteger

Administrator
How many serious G-Shock collectors do you think there are in the world? Casio seem to have a good idea judging by the released numbers of their limited editions - enough to ensure a sell out (and a lively second hand market).

Guess that's hard to gauge. Certainly a reasonable number judging by this and various other watch forums. Also assume there are a huge number collecting these without contributing to any sites and also in Japan. Certainly must be several 1000 very serious collectors to keep bringing the models out along with 100,000s with a serious interest in the watches. As always hard to quantify given the lack of sales figures.

And is it enough to have just one Frogman in the collection when the name applies to a range of models and colours and special editions ... :cool:

Naaaah ;)

rutteger

Administrator
I've already kinda lined up the next two. And there's a third that I desperately want but can't find any where. But for me that's half the fun.

Well, if any are ahlf as cool as this Frog look forward to seeing them. The thrill as ever is in the chase :D