G Shock on the Oil Rigs

Oilman

Out of all the watches I have owned over the years the G Shock is the only watch which can handle the harsh environment of an oil rig. G Shocks are probably the most common watch used in the oil industry for very good reason.

All other watches pack in after a while or they end up smashed, scratched and nasty looking.

I would love for Casio to make a special G Shock model for us.

We don't want anything with bells & whistles or anything too funky/trendy looking, - just simple and tough looking black with minimal lettering (as it always wears off) .

We just need the basic functions - a loud alarm (to get us up out to go shift) , a decent backlight for nightshift work, a stopwatch and a countdown timer and not made from metal.

Each G Shock I have owned so far has lasted me more than 10 years each and they have each been put through a lot of abuse.

The only reason my G Shocks were retired from service was because of the case and straps deteriorating due to exposure to oils, diesel, and the salts/brines and other nasty chemicals used in the drilling industry, and of course the powerful handwash we use when we are coming off shift as we usually remove our watches, smother it in handwash to take all the nasty stuff off, and dunk it in the sink then rinse it under the tap.

If they could come up with something in a special elastomer type case/strap which could stand the oil, the chemicals and the rough treatment, they would be onto a winner.

I work in a tough place, so I need a tough watch and only a Casio G shock can hack it out there.

I am sure Casio could kick it up a notch here by using elastomer technology on the case and strap and give us our own "Oilman" model ?