Gw2310fb-1

JTPhoto

Considering this GW2310FB for a kick around watch in all digital. Tough solar and Atomic time. My other consideration is the 9300 Mudman .. What are your opinions on these 2 watches?

JTPhoto

GW2310FB-1
ny2uma4y.jpg

GW9300 Mudman.
a4ageva2.jpg

Decisions, decisions.

Dakar

I prefer the mudman for the different case back, both the engraved mole and the plastic cover. Think a G9300 is my next buy :)

All the way from the sunny UK

ps90s

I have had both. Two very different watches in function and size. I preferred the 2310 and it was very easy to read. Probably my most consistent atomic watch to date as far as receiving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saru7

never really been a fan of the gw23 shape. i think cos the bezel blends more into the band it looks a bit more like a "fitness/sports" watch...

it took me a little while to warm up to the new mudman (a little too long cos i missed out on the earthy brown model at a swallowable price!) but after getting that^ exact model (entry level garden variety) at a "stupid if you dont" price, im completely in love with it. fit is great, one of the best out of the box ones i own. its also the only one where i constantly stop to stare at when it catches my eye while siting at my desk at work! lol it helps that it has a similar metal inner ring on the bezel like the new frogs :D

i know its nothing special or limited or anything but like mary, theres something about it ;)
the compass/therm is a def. bonus too, means i can give my protreks a break and switch it up from outdoorsman to street savvy every now and then when im travelling. :encouragement:

BACKBLAST72

I have both watches and in my own personal opinion the Mudman is the better choice of the two. The 2300 is to small and just does not feel like a true G-Shock; I prefer big watches so the 2300 I have I don't wear it that often. Besides the Mudman has a compass and a thermometer which will come in handy; functions which I have NEVER seen offered in the 2300 family of watches. I think the only reason I keep the 2300 is because it is the watch which saw me through two tours of duty in Iraq so in my mind it has earn its place in my collection. However, I don't wear it that often.

I have a G2110-1 which was the battery powered non-solar version of the 2300. And the 2300 family of watches were the solar powered, but it is basically the same watch.

Stick with the G-9300 you will like more I think. You know they offer it in navy blue with a negative display now.

Well hope this helps you make a decision. But remember at the end it is you who must wear the watch.

Here is an old picture of my battery powered non-solar G-2110-1.
gagebara.jpg

Sincerely,
BB72.

chrisek

My favorite non - crazy limited G-Shock is the 9300. Just wore mine recently.

ydunanu4.jpg

That other body is also nicknamed the "fortress" and you will see many different G's in the 2100's etc. I recently got this GL-201 and am just smitten with it.

2abu5udu.jpg

7.5" flat top wrist. I think both rock, but the 9300 is still tops for me

sent with aloha