Feedback on new Likes system?

rutteger

Administrator
After some feedback on the new likes system.

The old system (which was perhaps a bit slicker) did not work on tapatalk.

As such I've installed a new likes system. Seems to work ok on both computer, tablet and tapatalk. Only slight issue is that on tapatalk 'likes' are shown as 'thanks' - this is because the likes system was originally for 'thanks'. This is something I cannot change currently.

Know there were comments about the fact you could like your own post, I have removed this function for the moment.

Sengyoku

Thanks again for taking the time to implement the likes system for us Rutteger! I don't know about everyone else but I find the 'like' system is particularly convenient for just acknowledging other members posts to you when on the move or if you don't have time to reply properly.

I don't think it's a big deal about the "thanks" on Tapatalk, I guess we'd all figure it out sooner or later. Besides, it's still the thumps up icon :)

Thing is, can you 'unlike' something? I know this works like a toggle system on some other forums. Again not a biggie, but sometimes I mistap the like button accidentally. Happens most often with smartphones and tablets these days!

Sent from the 'droid.

rutteger

Administrator
LUW - nice one, the buttons at the top are for liking on social media if those are the ones you mean.

Glad initial feedback is good. You can now 'unlike' on a PC as requested. Will keep looking into other issues..

gripmaster

I agree with the whole gang:

- likes are important because they are a quick and non time consuming way to give a positive signal. not everything needs to be said in words, it would also just fill up the threads too much

- do not mind the thanks on ipad etc... essential is that we CAN interact and react

- would prefer if in the notifications, I am only informed of received likes and not of my own given likes (like I have already written in my message to you, rutteger.) it's a bit confusing and a strange function that it should tell me that I liked something. certainly not a high priority, just a small suggestion

apart from that, great stuff, like the atmosphere, forum reloads quite fast. thanks for the improvements!

cheers all - it's fun hanging out with you all in the ZONE!

rutteger

Administrator
I agree with the whole gang:

- likes are important because they are a quick and non time consuming way to give a positive signal. not everything needs to be said in words, it would also just fill up the threads too much

- do not mind the thanks on ipad etc... essential is that we CAN interact and react

- would prefer if in the notifications, I am only informed of received likes and not of my own given likes (like I have already written in my message to you, rutteger.) it's a bit confusing and a strange function that it should tell me that I liked something. certainly not a high priority, just a small suggestion

apart from that, great stuff, like the atmosphere, forum reloads quite fast. thanks for the improvements!

cheers all - it's fun hanging out with you all in the ZONE!

I'm looking into correcting the text on tapatalk, as you say no biggie.

Did see your point in the PM with regards to notifications. Can you advise exactly where you see these notifications, via tapatalk or on the website?

The zone is definitely improving, more traffic and a bunch of cool hardcore G members. And the "like" system works really well

Cheers

Yes, really great to see g-shockzone picking up so strongly, makes the work of the mods and myself over the years worthwhile :) Don't forget to keep telling your friends though ;)

gripmaster

Did see your point in the PM with regards to notifications. Can you advise exactly where you see these notifications, via tapatalk or on the website?

yes, should have specified... I meant the notifications on computer, on the website. Here:

Bildschirmfoto 2013-12-18 um 12.51.36.png