PAG240's.

chrisek

Interesting topic, while a common root (need help purchasing) I don't know a lot about these variations of ProTreks and Pathfinders. Backblast does, so I thought it would be cool to have things visible so we can all learn. :cool:

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

Good morning guys,

Pinoypride I will try to share as much information about this family of watches (Pathfinder's / Protrek's) as possible.

You seem to have shown interest in the PAG 240-1CR / PRG 240-1ER same exact watch just different designators due to the market it is sold in.

The Pathfinder brand / name historically has only been seen here in the United States; the rest of the world received the name and designator of Protrek. So one can say that Pathfinder's were targeted only to the American market and that Protrek's were targeted for the international market.

With this said you can tell a lot about the watch just by the start of the alphanumeric code they receive.

For example let's look at this model you are interested in:

Here in the good old U.S.A. you will find this watch by the designator PAG 240-1CR.
pag240-1_xlarge.jpg

In the international market (meaning the rest of the world) you will find this watch by the designator PRG 240-1ER.
71-YufdrD6L__SY679_.jpg

If you look at the first picture you will notice that on the band you can clearly see the name (Pathfinder) on it meaning this watch was released for the American market.

If you look at the second picture and at the same location on the watch; you will see the name (Protrek) on it meaning this watch was released for the International market.

Another thing you can tell by the designator is whether these watches are (Atomic) or (Non-Atomic) just by their alphanumeric code.
For example:

Here is the designators for all Non-Atomic watches: PAG and PRG also they tend to be the very basic models in this extensive family of watches, and these models are consider the least expensive to purchase from the many models you have.

Here are some pictures of PAG and PRG Models noticed they are all Non-Atomic:

PRG-130Y-1_l.jpg PRG-260G-1_l.jpg 814ehIkGZ-L__SY679_.jpg

51vOMtlZ5qL.jpg pag240b-2_xlarge.jpg PRG-550G-1_l.jpg

The Atomic designators are: PRX, PRW, PAWall of these watches have Atomic timekeeping capability and tend to be the higher end models of the Protrek line. The absolute highest models are the PRX these babies will rip you a new hole.

Here is some pictures of PRX, PRW and PAW:

The PRX 7000YT-1JF The PRW 6000Y-1JF The PRX 2500
PRX 7000 YT 1JF.jpg 91qjzwuQmdL__SY679_.jpg 81GSs7bNAWL__SY679_.jpg

The PRX 2000
PRX 2000LC 1JF.jpg PRW-S2500MG-1JR_5.jpg

PRW2500B-3CR.jpg prw5050bn-5_xlarge.jpg paw1500gb-1v_xlarge.jpg

51pdpcgox1L.jpg paw5000-1_xlarge.jpg

Protrek has the PRX 7000 (The Manaslu) this is their flag ship model of watches. Amazon has it on sale for $1,100.00 dollars and it has one review already. The second version I believe goes for $1,300.00 dollars. I love these watches but I don't ever see myself payin that much money for a watch. Especially not with my fourth child on its way.

Also pinoy, if you go to Protrek's Japanese website you will see they give names to the different model designators.

The PRX 7000 is called the "Prestige Line."

The PRW 6000 is called the "Combination Line."

The PRW 3000 is called the " Slime Line."

The PRW 2500 is called the "Multi Field Line."

The PRG (any model) is just identified by other meaning their introductory models and nothing else. (No extra bells or whistles here).

Hope this information has help you. I will come back and post information.

BACKBLAST72

Well if you bought this watch she is a beauty.
That is the GR7900KG. I have this watch and is a niece piece to start with.

You can kind of say I've always been bias to the olive drab color.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

pinoypride

Good day guys here are some of the watches they sell here at watches etc. At grapevine miles texas can anyone check if they are authentic and the pag240t-7 watch is gonna come next week ill take picture of it to verify its authentisity thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk