PAG240's.

BACKBLAST72

Good afternoon pinoypride,

Alright man first things first. You need to quit being so paranoid about these watches you're looking at. I am not there with you but just by looking at the pictures you posted I can tell you they are authentic CASIO watches.

The black Protrek you show on the picture is the new PRW 3000 with the negative display. How do I know this the military unit I just retired from issues them out to its Soldiers. Trust me when I tell you that is an AWESOME WATCH. worth the money. Should run you about $ 300.00 dollars at a minimum.

The other green watch you show us is the very popular GR-7900KG G-Shock. Again I am not right next to you, but by looking at these pictures I can tell you that it is an authentic G-Shock. How do I know this I own the exact same model of watch. If you pay attention to my collection, it is listed in the G-Shock section.

FAKE GX-56 KING G-SHOCK
DSC03260-tile.jpg

casi-gx56-1a-king-of-g-shock-mudman-digital-watch-c7602.jpg

2011-05-18161527.jpg

2011-05-18161434.jpg

OK NOW THESE PICTURES LISTED BELOW ARE FROM AUTHENTIC GX-56 MODELS OF G-SHOCKS

I want you to look at the fake ones and notice the differences between the authentic and the fake. WHEN YOU SEE A FAKE YOU CAN SPOT IT A MILE AWAY. EXPERIENCE IN THE BRAND WILL TEACH THIS.

585739247_tp.jpg

DKG_10.jpg

8e8yqy5e.jpg

gx56_series_xlarge.jpg

GXW-56E-1.jpg

Look at them learn the differences and relax brother. Not everyone is out to screw you. The other part of our hobby is education, you have to read and do your research with these watches so when you go out shopping for them; you can have an idea of the product and that way make an educated decision on your purchase and selection of G-Shock you buy. Trust me when I tell you that everyone here reads and does their due diligence when it come to these time keeping pieces. Our hobby requires respect and knowledge. I suggest you study hard, and this way you will enjoy it even more.

saru7

the 240 to me has a classic trekking watch look and functions to match. love the thing to bits :D
close second, if i ever got one, would be the prg40 because of its huge display but sadly they are a thing of the past (in newer condition anyway!)

BACKBLAST72

Good evening saru7,

I know what you mean brother. It is a very nice watch to start with. Its light on the wrist, has a nice legiable and clear display, and the band is comfortable and durable. They have a version of this watch which come with the NATO strap and adpaters. Should be the blue 240 I posted in the pictures I believe the model number to be PAG 240B-2CR. I've had mine for tow in half years and its been awesome; and its pretty tough to I have put mine through the ringer and it just keeps working.

Should give it a try I think you would like it.

saru7

You know what? Im really not that big a fan of the nato straps, don’t really like the look or having to tuck in the excess strap.

The other day I went to 3 diff shops to have some extended my try time with the 270 and ttytt I was a bit disappointed. I love the shape and of course the functions but compared to my 130 or 240, the quality is a bit lacking, it feels light and plasticy. The little additions of metal and rotating dial really lift the look and feel of the other 2 models and would’ve done the same for the 270. Tho from memory the 270 is $20-30 cheaper on release than the other two.
If I can get one for a good price I wont hesitate but it wasn’t the instant purchase I thought it would be.

On a related note, the 130 is selling for over $500 on ebay now that its discontinued, more than double what I paid!

BACKBLAST72

Good evening saru7,

The PRG 270 does feel lighter on the wrist than the 240 and 130 or 1500; however, the one thing which sets this model aside from the previous is the advance module with the generation 3 sensore in them. The sensor consumes less energy, is more accurate and precise in its measurements. Although, it feels like a toy watch I can tell you the electronics are not. I've been pretty hard on mine thus far, and its lived up to the Protrek spirit with flying colors. The 240 is a very well balanced watch. Due to the success of this platform Casio was motivated to develop and manufacture the PRG 260, which has recieved and experience the same level of success as the 240.

So if the 270 does not convince you, take a look at the 260; they do offer an Atomic version of it.
Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

saru7

lol dude, i think im gonna have to stop posting cos everytime i do you reply with a reason for me to look into a diff. model! of course the more i look the more likely i am to buy!
i did consider the 260 but didnt like the bezel and its prob a little too close in everything to the 240.
dont know why im even looking into another abc, i just got the 9300 which has the 2 functions i use the most anyway. its def my new fave, cant stop looking at it today :D

oh and for future reference im not interested in atomic, we dont get the signal down here :( (tho there has been reports of some ppl up the top end catching the jp signal on a good day)

BACKBLAST72

Hi Saru7,

I am going to assume you're down by either Australia or New Zealand based on your comment. I have two Protrek's and one G which are atomic and they are nice watches. I used them to keep all my other watches on time.

I used to wonder if the added feature of atomic time keeping was worth the extra money, which in some cases it can be a substantial difference in price for basically the same watch. I was traveling abroad one time for some combined training exercise and happen to be wearing one of my Atomic Protrek's and it was nice to see the watch adjust itself ass soon as I came into the range of the new broadcasting towers. I didn't once had to manually adjust the time on the watch; it adjusted it self automatically based on the geographical location and time zone I found myself in. That trip I realized the flexibility the Atomic capability affords you in the long run.

With this said, the bezel on the 260 is the same exact one you will find on the PAW / PRW 1500. It's made of aluminum and it's very durable. The bezel is made of the same material so it tends to be a little heavier than your 240. The 1500 gives you tide and moon measurements, but I believe if memory served right the 260 does not.

BACKBLAST72

These are really awesome pieces. The Protrek's are really good quality watches, I know you will enjoy them for many years to come. Congratulations on aquring your watches.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk