G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series coming April 2013

chrisek

Hi mfy2211, I believe the 6930c and 5030c are worldwide releases, while the 5530c is japan only.

For whatever reason the 6930c is just getting significantly less press than the other two.

I track the US market and I believe it is a May release here. Not sure for the euro market.

mfy2211

Hi chrisek.heard that only 5030c is already at the London Gshock East.but i'm much more into the 6930c.they look dope.really want to have one.thanks for the info btw.i will contact casio UK for more info :)

Hi mfy2211, I believe the 6930c and 5030c are worldwide releases, while the 5530c is japan only.

For whatever reason the 6930c is just getting significantly less press than the other two.

I track the US market and I believe it is a May release here. Not sure for the euro market.

chrisek

I worked a long day yesterday so the post office wouldn't leave it at the house. Got the day off and duly headed down!

uploadfromtaptalk1366849113433.jpg

Easy Welder? I definitely wasn't expecting that! :eek:

uploadfromtaptalk1366849167181.jpg

This answers the question: "Do all the Rising Blacks come in those patina'd boxes?"

uploadfromtaptalk1366849235573.jpg

The reason I got into the rising blacks was this watch.

uploadfromtaptalk1366849276622.jpg

There is no question, the DW5030c is the star of the series. Maybe even of all the waves so far. Especially in person.

uploadfromtaptalk1366849343535.jpg

The neglected one. Very rarely mentioned when this series is brought up. Calmly handsome could be one way to describe it. And I'm not even into 6900's and I'm glad I got it. :beer:

rutteger

Administrator
Chris,

thanks for sharing those, look to be an awesome set in the flesh and definitely one for the collector. How are you liking the 5500, have to say it's one of my fave styles :)

John

chrisek

Comfortable like everyone says! Surprising because watches are definitely not a one size fits all proposition. Only neg is the adjust button is a straight up pain in the neck. But how often am I gonna adjust it?

My favorite photo from yesterday (it was raining)

uploadfromtaptalk1366954682564.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Comfortable like everyone says! Surprising because watches are definitely not a one size fits all proposition. Only neg is the adjust button is a straight up pain in the neck. But how often am I gonna adjust it?

My favorite photo from yesterday (it was raining)

Great pic :D

The buttons are a little stuff in general, guess this is becasue of the mud resistant bezel. Heard of people boling up G-9000 bezels to soften them up, not sure as I'd advise it with your 5530 mind :p

chrisek

The ball just dropped over at Baselworld. Kumazo put up two photos.

uploadfromtaptalk1367273039916.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367273055034.jpg

Limited to 200 pieces worldwide. Black Resist just went BIG! Meet the GW-T5030C-1JR.

A lot of people have been asking for this: Titanium cased GW5000. :what:

rutteger

Administrator
Chris - that is beyond epic, thanks for sharing!!!! Popped up a post on the front page on the GW-T5030C-1 with a link to the Japanese blog which originated the news. Going to be a tough call to bag one of these, who's in!!!