G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series coming April 2013

chrisek

If it's OK with everyone I'd like to centralize some info about this series. Obviously in the next week we'll know all, but I still have some questions.

First and foremost the 5030 has turned out to be much more impressive than I had imagined. Tanaka video above, and I swiped these photos from a different thread.

uploadfromtaptalk1366277199536.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366277221097.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366277241956.jpg

Cool? Has anyone seen anything on the 5530 or 6930 yet? Even though these two are not screwbacks, I'm wondering if they are also ion plated (just the casback)? Same keeper?

dynosaur

Haha rutteger, I dun have them yet.
I am still thinking of getting.
May be by the time I make my decision, they're all sold out? =D
Thanks for the pics Chris! Cheers.

rutteger

Administrator
Great images Chris :)

Haha rutteger, I dun have them yet.
I am still thinking of getting.
May be by the time I make my decision, they're all sold out? =D
Thanks for the pics Chris! Cheers.

That as ever is the problem, by the time you migth get to handle these limited pieces they'll be long sold out...

Bubbly Tubs

GSE posted yesterday on Twitter that they have the 5030, the Supra, and still have one triple M. Popping by tomoz, can't afford all three but will try and get some up close pics for you all.

chrisek

Some more photos and information. For those that don't know, the 5030 is supposedly using the same steel case as the gw5000 (which is why there is a good supply of those right now as well) only Ion Plated instead of DLC coated. This also explains why the 5030 is made in Japan. I swiped these photos from Kumazo on another forum as he was kind enough to show naked photos (bezel removed).

uploadfromtaptalk1366435083233.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366435103299.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1366435121667.jpg

And it turns out this watch (all the rising blacks? Unsure at this time) are using different 30th anniversary packaging.

uploadfromtaptalk1366435187023.jpg

I'll try to take shots of the gw5000 and dw5030 side by side without bezel when my set comes in.

rutteger

Administrator
Certainly looks a strong series from the images.

@BT let us know which you buy and what stock they have....