The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

rutteger

Administrator
I am new here. I found a link to this forum on the Facebook fan page.

I have been collecting G-shocks for about 10 years or so. I got rid of a majority of my old watches,
to make room for the new ones.

I just recently got the Nigel Sylvester collab and the Alife collab as well.

I posted a few pics of some the watches I recently picked up in my album.

Welcome :D

Looks like a strong collection, the In4Mation collab pictured here

attachment.php

is pretty striking, which model is it?

Cmoneymontana

It is the GLX-6900X-2JR.

I have my eye on the Dolphin and Whale GW-6900K-7JR, but I can not bring myself to pay $300 plus for it.
At least not yet.
G shock dolphin and whale.jpg

My girlfriend has a nice collection herself (In4mation, Married to the Mob, and Dolphin and Whale from 2008).

I will take some pics of those, along with some other watches I have as well, when I get a chance.

seanobsdot

im sean from new york been into g shocks for about 7 years i wish i had collections like some of you guys do but im addicted ive owned many diffenrent watches casio,timex,victorinox,movado and g shocks but..... never started collecting them until recently i guess when i was 19 i didnt really respect the watches but anyway this site is great and very informative pics of my g's shoud be up soon funny i even got my mom wearing g shocks haha

rutteger

Administrator
im sean from new york been into g shocks for about 7 years i wish i had collections like some of you guys do but im addicted ive owned many diffenrent watches casio,timex,victorinox,movado and g shocks but..... never started collecting them until recently i guess when i was 19 i didnt really respect the watches but anyway this site is great and very informative pics of my g's shoud be up soon funny i even got my mom wearing g shocks haha

Sean, thanks for the intro. Look forward to seeing the collection :D

phils

Hi all. I very recently bought my first GShock - a MTG900. I am very impressed with what it does. Love the solar and atomic timekeeping.
Thanks.

Bubbly Tubs

Hi strongblackcoffee I really like the new Muddie, being able to display two time zones is a handy feature, and I particularly like the scrolling display.
Sounds like your coming down with GCD like OCD according to the Mrs, but with a complete addiction to G shocks ha ha.
Any idea which Froggie you fancy?

rutteger

Administrator
Hi,

I just registered and can be found at WUS with the same user name.

I am developing a real obsession with Gs. I currently have 2: my old G I received as a gift for military servce from my parents about 15 years ago and my new Muddy:
I love this baby!

I am now thinking about a froggie...

Cheers

Mike

Welcome to the site :D Out of interest how did you find us?

The GW-9300 Muddie looks really good, nice choice. What is your other G?

Not sure if the Frogs have sapphire, think not from memory. Only one or two of the really top end Gs (MR-G) have sapphire, have read this is because the mineral glass is more shock resistant than sapphire but have no idea as to the veracity of this. Would imagine it's more to do with cost!