The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

macspite

Great sunrise shot! (If someone is reading this and doesn't understand what I am on about check Mike's blog for 29/10/11) Has that been processed as HDR or are the colours really that vibrant in your neck of the woods (sorry!) ?

Like the beard sequence, shot for Movember? I may have to do something similar with my wrist and my G-Shock collection.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

disavowed

Hello and Happy New Year...

I'm a G-Shock Fan of course... have previously owned all of the M:I versions (DW-5300, 6900, MTG-910DJ-2JF, and commemorative M:I:iii MTG versions) in the past - and hence the username.

Googled and found your forum - I like the size.

Have collected a few Swiss brands - but at the end of the day there's something about wearing a watch that is technologically advanced and doesn't need to be babied. I have a Gravity Defier on the way that should be delivered Tuesday - will post pics when I get it.

Thanks.

macspite

Welcome!

Look forward to the pics. G-Shocks are insiduous - I agonised over buying a gravity defier as a decent watch, then realised I needed a daily beater as well, then discovered the cheapness of some G-Shocks on eBay.

Now I have over 50.

So no doubt we will be seeing pictures of several varieties of Shock from you in the next few weeks :cool:

rutteger

Administrator

I'm a G-Shock Fan of course... have previously owned all of the M:I versions (DW-5300, 6900, MTG-910DJ-2JF, and commemorative M:I:iii MTG versions) in the past - and hence the username.

Have collected a few Swiss brands - but at the end of the day there's something about wearing a watch that is technologically advanced and doesn't need to be babied. I have a Gravity Defier on the way that should be delivered Tuesday - will post pics when I get it.

Thanks.

Welcome to the site :D Know what you mean about wearing a G without having to worry. Do you still have the Mission Impossible set? Either way look forward to pics of the incoming Gravity Defier and others which I'm sure will follow ;)

rutteger

Administrator

Thanks.

Welcome to the site :D Know what you mean about wearing a G without having to worry. Do you still have the Mission Impossible set? Either way look forward to pics of the incoming Gravity Defier and others which I'm sure will follow ;)

disavowed

Thanks to you both for the welcomes!

No, I no longer have the M:I set... I was contacted by an M:I freak 2 years ago and was literally made an offer that I would have been a fool to refuse. Plus those watches are still out there...

I've actually owned multiples of the DW-5300 (with both white and red dial outlines) and the MTG's - but I am a notorious trader - not to mention have given a few to my son over the years.

But I will pursue a very-clean 5300, and may grab the bluetooth 6900 in March. The MTG's are just too small for me to wear anymore (diameter wise).

Right now I am in love with that silver/grey Ana-digi Gravity Defier that will deliver tomorrow - as I've never owned a non-black G-Shock, and it provides everything I could possibly need in 1 watch - larger size, S/S bracelet, analog and digi functions/readout, the centrifugal-force bragging rights, Solar, Atomic, and the fact it dresses up and down.

Thanks again - looking 4ward to hanging with y'all.

rutteger

Administrator
Good stuff and good luck tracking down a mint DW-5300, sadly resin rot seems to claim many a bezel.

Luis

Hello everyone, my name is Luis. I'm 25 and live in Los Angeles CA, USA. I just got my first gshock this past christmas 2011. My girlfriend gifted me a black 6900. And for new years I bought a gshock G-Lide in all red. I currenty have my eyes set on a older Mudman, the 9000-8 in tan color. Although I also like the army green mudman as well..

I'm hoping to expand my small collection this yea. I will come back to this post and edit it with pics of what I have now.

Looking forward to learning more about these beautiful watches

rutteger

Administrator
Welcome to the site Luis, look forward to seeing the collection. Be warned though, 2 will turn into 3 will turn into many more ;)

Luis

Hahah! I know it will.. I'm looking to score some good deals on ebay. I see a lot of good deals locally as well. Not on rare gshocks but gshocks non the less.. I bought that G-lide for $50USD. Sounded like a good deal to me so I snatched it right up.. Well.. off to bed I go its 2:35am here and I'm beat! Later