Cool G-Shock story

Ender Wiggin

I agree. I don't like them generally but I love them on the ones I got. GD100-1B and GW9400-3DR...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

LUW

To be fair, if you never seen/handled one in person you should do that first. Even if it is just inside flourescent lighting.
NEVER buy a negative display if you're not generally familiar with them without handling one first. On pictures they look da bomb, but when you wear them things are quite different. Just as an example, look at this shot:

GD100_03.jpg

GD-100BW-1BR

Now look at this:

GD100_06.jpg

GD-100BW-1BR

Even though my GD-100 is not a negative display (it's a mirrored display) the shots show well why watches with anything other then positive display are not 100% practical. And in terms of G-Shocks, in my bible that's a sin.

tyr75

well thanks for the reply guys. it helps.
a watch for me is not just a accessoir. it needs to be practical and precise. i don't want to buy a watch just for the looks. to be honest the military inspired g-shocks look the bomb... but not really practical for every day use because of the negative display.

now i just need to decide whats my next one. the DW-5600 or a DW-6900.

Ben_R

I wear G Shocks because I like the way they look. As far as functions go all I really need is the time. Everybody's different. Some people like them purely for their toughness. Whatever your reason and whatever your style, G Shocks seem to have a little something for everybody. As far as negative displays go, it's all about how they make the watch look. If the watch looks good with a negative display then I'll wear it.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!

zebra

Collectables G-Shock

Hi everyone,

I am new to G-shocks, recently i acquired a DGK white round model.

Tempted to wear but also tempted to collect it.

Is this range worth collecting?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Ninja

U meant the 8900?

This model is not that popular among collectors as compared to 5600, 6900, frogman or even the Riseman.

But it is purely up to you.

Hi everyone,

I am new to G-shocks, recently i acquired a DGK white round model.

Tempted to wear but also tempted to collect it.

Is this range worth collecting?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Matt_C

Although the "negative display" doesn't interest me, I'm intrigued...

Does it consume more battery power?