Ever "just missed"?

chrisek

Story time guys. This is my 2nd year in G-shocks, and setting myself up for "opportunity purchases". The kind where a watch becomes available and you didn't know about it, didn't think you'd have a chance to get one, etc, etc.

Yesterday the Stussy x bape x 8250 frog became available. To be fair I originally thought it would be more of a Japan-only release, and I didn't want it bad enough to pre-order or anything. Then it became known that it was in the US markets, and even better at Stussy stores!

That last bit isn't too helpful for a lot of people, except there is one in Honolulu :D. So I called from work, and sure enough, there were 4(!!!) On hand. Here on island that is pretty much a slam dunk if you want one. When I arrived an hour and a half later, they were sold out :(

So I "almost got one", lol. You guys get some near misses?

rutteger

Administrator
Ooof, bad luck. Also quite surprised the StussyxBape Frog made it out of Japan. Did it see a release across the entire US or did the Stussy store in hawaii have a few in as specials?

Probably one my main G misses (although more my own fault) is not picking up the 25th Anniversary Rising White set when they were sat in front of me in a case in Tokyo Hands, Nagoya at normal Japanese retail :(

Psweeting

Well, good news in a sense in that the price of these has come down to almost RRP now on Yahoo Japan.

I was lucky enough to snatch one up at RRP today so I've just got to wait and see if the order gets honoured.