Need new strap (What DW-6900 is that?).

Sail0r

Thanks everyone, Ryan gave me some excellent information and I was already able to remove the adapters. Next up is ordering the straps and aparently a new Bezel as well since I realized there are two cracks in mine. :(

Sail0r

Thanks to your help the parts I need are incoming. :)

Ryan was very helpful and told which were the right ones and how to remove the old strap. I should have a package in the mail tomorrow or on Tuesday. :)

Now a few more questions came up:

When removing the strap I realized the Bezel had some cracks so I decided to replace it as well. However it broke very easily when I tried to remove it (see the picture). Do you guys think it's so brittle because of its age (probably around 15 years) or do I have to be REALLY careful when putting the new one on? If it’s the same again I don't see how I can get it on without breaking it… :(

Also how do I best clean the module? As you can see there is quite a bit of grease on there.

As far as re-assembling goes I guess the best idea would be to put on the strap before the Bezel, right?

Thanks again for your help.

Foto 8.jpg
Foto 9.jpg
Foto 10.jpg

Sengyoku

Your 15 year old bezel likely cracked because of resin rot... this is normal on heavily worn and used vintage models.

You can clean the gunk around the case just by using some warm soapy water and perhaps a toothbrush to scrub stubborn bits. If you haven't opened up the watch previously it should be still good for water resistance.

In my experience, bezels normally go on first, you shouldn't worry so much about cracking on the new bezel as it should be significantly more supple than your old bezel :)

Sent from the 'droid.

saru7

def. the ol resin cancer! sadly its one of the reasons im buying less and less vintage. even if its reasonably ok when you purchase it, its on the downward slope of its lifespan...that and the ever inflating prices!

Sail0r

Hey guys,

sorry it took me a while to "finish" this thread but the watch is finally completely refurbished and functioning again. :)

Here's the full photo story.

IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg
IMG_0249.jpg
IMG_0250.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0291.jpg
Foto 1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who provided their input on this forum. It's a very helpful place and I'm lucky I found it. :)

Got any questions about my little "project"? Feel free to ask. :)