Need some input

dynosaur

That's a nice blog you got there Chris. =)
I am into photography too.
What camera are you using?
Those are some rare old Gs you got there.
Care to share some thoughts about why do people like to collect vintage G?
I know they are nice and rare, but any other particular reason?
Coz even though I like those old Gs, I still prefer the newer one. May be that's just me.
haha.

chrisek

@dynosaur: that one is one of the dw-8100's. For those models specifically and why I like them follow on.

My 2nd g-shock was a gx-56 (black with red accents) king. I completely fell for the kings and quickly became dissappointed with how few variations they made (only one non-black bezel!).

So, looking for the predecessor (almost all G's came from something) I found these and really like them.

For some G's I'm with you and completely prefer the newer models (even the negative displays on the masters of g are looking old compared to many of the newer models!).

Saying that, Casio has been making G-shocks for 30yrs now and they have had some really cool ones along the way. :cool:

Just to be clear, that isn't my blog but is Sjors'. I was merely asked to write an article (the one I linked to) for it. It was a big deal (to me) and want to get better at these so I can do more for the community at large.

rutteger

Administrator
Cool article Chris, nicely written and the images of the watch are strong.

No photographer either but detail shots might have been a little better with an entirely neutral background, i.e. all sand or all grass.

Maybe I should see if people would be interested in writing articles for g-shockzone?

chrisek

Deinitely a cool idea! I've got a couple I'm looking to do here, but need a place to put them. A review area or whatever. Or just put into this chat/thread area, just less of a resource at that point.

rutteger

Administrator
I am able to promote articles to the front page from forum, should do that more often.

Reviews forum might be a good idea I reckon.

dynosaur

Yes! A review article would be great.
Sometimes I wanna know what G-shock veterans members think about some of the watches before I purchase.