Post Up Your Modified, Customs, and Remixed G-Shocks

Dez

Its 4 different color bezels cut and fit into one. PM me for specifics.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377466314962.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377466314962.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 431

Dez

My unmodified stock

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380374191146.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380374191146.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 332

chrisek

Been having fun with the riseman resin.

My favoritr is simply the Men in Smoky Grey in the Earth Blue resin

uploadfromtaptalk1380607662436.jpg

To root Rossi on I flipped in a white bezel.

uploadfromtaptalk1380607717382.jpg

To root on Marquez I went to an orange bezel.

uploadfromtaptalk1380607752470.jpg

The inverse was also cool and this is the positive display (edit: this is backwards of the photos)

uploadfromtaptalk1380607738501.jpg

sent with aloha

Dez

Those are Hot! I like them all. Thanks for showing us your Remixed Risemans:thumbup:

chrisek

Just realized I've got another oddball in my collection. An ICERC Fisherman (DW8600)

5y7amury.jpg

Was originally clear resin, but was dyed (not by me) and turned out pretty sweet! One of the touches I really like is that the lettering wasn't affected.

je4a4azy.jpg

ve4u3y5a.jpg

Just fun.

sent with aloha

Gary7

I like that look. The Fisherman and DW-9200 have frequently appeared on "that auction site" with yellowed resin and sold for fairly low amounts. I've long thought about doing that very dye job, a nice soft sky blue.

My only "extensive" mod of late was to a GW-2310. Replaced the inner bezel with black IP version (from GW-2310FB) and outer bezel (from GW-2310BD) filled with black paint.

GW-2310_mod-wrist2.jpg

One of my favorites was to a GL-110. The original nylon strap with velcro closure had partially disintegrated. I put a Zulu strap on it after a minor modification to utilize the existing strap adapters. Worked out really well.

GL-110_zulu.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Nice work Gary.

The yellowed resin does suit itself to die work, guess where I've just been looking for a possible subject :D

Gary7

Nice work Gary.
The yellowed resin does suit itself to die work, guess where I've just been looking for a possible subject :D

Thanks, John. It's fun to do G-Shock mods, even minor ones that make for a little distinction. Another "mod" I did was to put a Riseman band on a GW-9100 Gulfman. What a nice difference--the contours make for a more comfortable fit. CASIO eventually went with the Riseman band style when the next model Gulfman (GW-9110) was released. It was a very easy switch and well worth it.

As for dyeing yellowed resin, a number of people have done it successfully in recent years. RIT dye appears to be the best for the job. Some folks have gotten into doing camouflage designs as well. Pretty sharp looking, even better than original CASIO camo, IMHO.