Which G-shock for travelling ?

DOverbury1

Hi this is my first post I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I'm looking at going travelling soon and I'm wanting a strong reliable watch, I've looked at a few and keep coming back to the g-shock, although every time I look there is another model which has offers something that little bit different and I keep getting caught in a spin.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which ones would be best if there is one ?
Or is it something where they will all do the job and I should pick something I would like best?

Cheers in advance

Dale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisek

Hi Dale! That is a difficult question as many personal opinions come into play.

Personally when flying I like to take a G-Shock Aviator with me as it is VERY easy to swap home time with world time. However if you are a pilot and continuing on through other time zones maybe not so helpful as you are just always adjusting.

What other features are you looking for?

sent with aloha

DOverbury1

Features that I'm looking for are easy to switch between time zones, compass, moon phases or tidal phases and a long length battery solar would be perfect but not a feature that would put me off a watch should it not have it.

Cheers for the reply

chrisek

Look at the GLX-150. Just a thought. Non-solar with solid battery life.

I love the ease of time zones (99 time zones) and just toggle DST as you see fit.

sent with aloha

chrisek

No G-Shocks currently combine a Compass (or any other sensor for that matter) with moon phase or tidal information.

sent with aloha

DOverbury1

Cheers I'll have a look at the GLX-150.
Have you had any experience with the GWN-1000B-1B?
I have only just seen this model on the casio website, it seems to do everything that I was looking for and not at to bad a price.

Thanks again for the advice

JTPhoto

I have a GA1000 1B for travelling .. Works good for me .. Easy to see day and night, world time, compass and thermometer but no tide or moon graph..

DOverbury1

Cheers for all the replies, I've been in to the local stockists today and had a look at both the GLX150 and a GA1000 really like the look of both, although I'm gonna have a wait and see the GWN when it comes out before making my final choice.

Thanks for all the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk