WRUW : 26th Mar - > 1st Apr

macspite

The shirt was a red herring, Im going to Mauritus! (I could potentially invade the place though? bloodless coup perhaps?)

Well that may be a better decison as the DDR ceased to exist in 1991 :D - and thereby hangs a tale of why I have a 1990 DDR built truck that has only done 500km none of them on UK roads ...

macspite

@macspite - Nice watch and a cool story. Which strap will you use it on ?

I will keep it on the velcro for the moment, it has obviously been used more on the cloth and leather straps. I had better take a couple of pics of those as they have some nice details on them.

@agentzigzag - Nice t and g :) Mauritius is nice, which bit are you going to? Not sure as you'll get through airport security with any of macspite's 'hardware' :p

I don't know the score nowadays but when I was flying in light aircraft we regularly landed at BAA airports without any challenge, could have walked across the apron into the terminal building or the control tower with a large arsenal without anyone noticing before we had opened fire.

We came back from Northern Italy in a Kingair and landed at Luton. Like idiots we struggled across the concrete on a hot summer day to the customs, about half a mile away. Hand carrying our "smuggle" for them to check. When we did find anyone to take any interest in us and possibly what we had in the bulging bags we were just told to foxtrot oscar back to the aircraft or off the airport.

Anybody fancy a change of government in a warm place?

rutteger

Administrator
North east coast, little resort called Jalsa beach, looking foward to it! (and being sad by taking pictures of G-Shocks in exotic places!)

Very nice. Went a long time ago and stayed in Grand Baie from memory. You'll have to start thinking about what G(s) to take now :p

We came back from Northern Italy in a Kingair and landed at Luton. Like idiots we struggled across the concrete on a hot summer day to the customs, about half a mile away. Hand carrying our "smuggle" for them to check. When we did find anyone to take any interest in us and possibly what we had in the bulging bags we were just told to foxtrot oscar back to the aircraft or off the airport.

:eek:blimey. Only ever flown commercial which has quite rigorous security!

rutteger

Administrator
So the age old question what G-Shock for panic buying fuel. Well, panic buying in as much as there is insufficient diesel in the car to get where I need to go which does tie your hands a little.

2012-03-30 09.35.55.jpg

The G-Shock GX-56 would seem most suitable :p

macspite

With all these brim-full tanks in cars sitting on driveways there must be an opening for an enterprising lad with a jerry can and a length of tubing ...

What G-Shock do you wear when syphoning fuel?

rutteger

Administrator
With all these brim-full tanks in cars sitting on driveways there must be an opening for an enterprising lad with a jerry can and a length of tubing ...

What G-Shock do you wear when syphoning fuel?

Suspect most modern cars have something inline in the filler to prevent siphoning. Although if you do get out with a length of hose and plastic can on the weekend let us know what G you go with :)

Surely an opportunity for you and the chaps from the Tank club to take an outing to the local Shell garage over the weekend :D

macspite

Surely an opportunity for you and the chaps from the Tank club to take an outing to the local Shell garage over the weekend :D

Trying to get that lot co-ordinated is a real struggle, I know, been trying for years. Better going freelance ...

Anyway I am at home today concocting some plausible lies to keep Network Rail happy for a forthcoming installation. Doors wide open and enjoying the fresh air. Old favourite today, may wear it to Shoreham airshow tomorrow as well:

20120330_122737.jpg

agentzigzag

Im wearing exactly the same watch as Macspite today, I have only just discovered via another forum, that the small indicator on the left shows the day of the week. I cant believe I didnt notice it!

macspite

Im wearing exactly the same watch as Macspite today, I have only just discovered via another forum, that the small indicator on the left shows the day of the week. I cant believe I didnt notice it!

It's easy enough to see in a large photo. Real world, even with corrective lenses, I struggle to make out the tiny print on the face and, with failing memory, work out which sequence of buttons gets what to work.

Still if all else fails there is the simple solution of RTFM ! :cool: