WRUW now it's Thursday 03rd July

JTPhoto

ve7eqa6a.jpg

Jeff
GW3500B 1A Sky Cockpit Multi Mission Combat
GA1000-1A Sky Cockpit Gravity Master

chrisek

Late to the party, rocking an MTG today.

4yby6eqe.jpg

At Backblast: I just took these photos a couple of days ago because of people wanting to know how mine is holding up.

To see the scrapes on the bezel

mu9y8ete.jpg

And the way I normally see it

py8y3e2y.jpg

I only see some cosmetic scraping, nothing actually hurt. What have your guys been seeing for durability issues? I'd imagine I'm Waaaaaay easier on mine than your troop is why I ask.

I like the form factor on the 3000 (and I imagine the 6000 as well) and enjoy many aspects of this watch but have never bonded with it. Not looking to move on from it yet, but not looking to get another either.

What has been the feedback in the field?

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

Late to the party, rocking an MTG today.

4yby6eqe.jpg

At Backblast: I just took these photos a couple of days ago because of people wanting to know how mine is holding up.

To see the scrapes on the bezel

mu9y8ete.jpg

And the way I normally see it

py8y3e2y.jpg

I only see some cosmetic scraping, nothing actually hurt. What have your guys been seeing for durability issues? I'd imagine I'm Waaaaaay easier on mine than your troop is why I ask.

I like the form factor on the 3000 (and I imagine the 6000 as well) and enjoy many aspects of this watch but have never bonded with it. Not looking to move on from it yet, but not looking to get another either.

What has been the feedback in the field?

sent with aloha

Good evening Chris,

Well talking to the boys they have really put these watches through the ringer. A lot of them are experiencing problems with the buttons on the ABC side of the watch. The soft urethane band is not holding up with the daily abuse of field training. A lot of them are reporting bacterial growth on the band and somewhat nasty rashes on the wrist from all the grime they can put on these watches. As a soldiers we are trained to maintained our equipment and that's how the boys are treating these watches; but its a combination of the materials chosen and how light the watch is which causing the problems. My buddy was saying the unit has contacted Casio and are talking to them to get a unique and one of a kind watch develop for the unit. The watch they have selected is the Rangeman (GW-9400-1) but they want it in all black with carbon fiber strap and a negative display. The boys need an ABC watch and I think the Rangeman would be a very good choice. After all it is a G-Shock but with ABC capabilities. My buddy said Casio was pretty excited with the challenge I am hoping they do a good job and maybe the rest of us can get a good crack on this new Rangeman which I am sure will be a beast on steroids. The Protrek's work good a lot of the issues are the durability and toughness. These guys are jumping out of planes, diving, getting in and out of Armored vehicles and conducting good old fashion Infantry training in short they can dish out a roller derby for watches in the field. They also made a call to Suunto so it should be interesting to see if Casio rises to the occasion. I will let you guys know.

Before I forget they have also experienced interference with the reception of the calibration signal due to all of the communications and additional electronic gear they use. Especially when they are in a tactical environment. Don't know how they will address this issue, but I guess time will tell.