WRUW Saturday 28 Jun 2014 (COL-URU)

JTPhoto

ta8agybe.jpg

chrisek

Hope everyone is ok with my end of day muttering/rants here. Today was just a crazy day. If you don't know, I work in the auto industry in various positions of a dealership. My day started off in an unusual way with this.

ahaqy4ev.jpg

Stolen off the lot earlier in the morning and promptly totalled within 2 blocks.

Then the day started getting crazy!

In the middle of the day i got a long awaited package.

6e6ajyda.jpg

I really enjoy buying new Japan releases from Seiya and Yohei. They let me pre-order long in advance.

Back in Jan/Feb my mother's breast cancer came back after 10 years in remission. Fortunately it is much easier this time around than the first time (not even chemo needed this time!!!!). So I decided to be open to pink G's. Now I think you know where this is going.

aputujem.jpg

Back in March (?) The new ICERC'S were announced. I promptly emailed Yohei and placed my order on the day.

Bam!

abe4apab.jpg

It has been frustrating to read on various forums general thoughts on this watch. fortunately, more than a few are into it! I was wary as the 8250 is not my favorite frog, yet I seem to be accumulating them! And what shade pink will this thing turn out? Will I even like wearing it? The answer is yes. :cool:

egeseba6.jpg

Did I mentioned I placed the order for both?

ze4yju8e.jpg

Stunning. As good as it looks In photos (to me anyway) it is even better in real life! I love the powder blue of the upper display. And all the contrast and accent colors going on!

qybyze4y.jpg

And the backplate! And red jelly over carbon fiber??? Yup. This one is great.

Great fun in the middle of a crazy day at work!!

And when the sun went down, I was wearing mars camo.

2esy2yda.jpg

Looking forward to tomorrow off. Hope everyone's weekend is starting off great!!

sent with aloha

Dakar

Hope everyone is ok with my end of day muttering/rants here. Today was just a crazy day. If you don't know, I work in the auto industry in various positions of a dealership. My day started off in an unusual way with this.

ahaqy4ev.jpg

Stolen off the lot earlier in the morning and promptly totalled within 2 blocks.

Then the day started getting crazy!

In the middle of the day i got a long awaited package.

6e6ajyda.jpg

I really enjoy buying new Japan releases from Seiya and Yohei. They let me pre-order long in advance.

Back in Jan/Feb my mother's breast cancer came back after 10 years in remission. Fortunately it is much easier this time around than the first time (not even chemo needed this time!!!!). So I decided to be open to pink G's. Now I think you know where this is going.

aputujem.jpg

Back in March (?) The new ICERC'S were announced. I promptly emailed Yohei and placed my order on the day.

Bam!

abe4apab.jpg

It has been frustrating to read on various forums general thoughts on this watch. fortunately, more than a few are into it! I was wary as the 8250 is not my favorite frog, yet I seem to be accumulating them! And what shade pink will this thing turn out? Will I even like wearing it? The answer is yes. :cool:

egeseba6.jpg

Did I mentioned I placed the order for both?

ze4yju8e.jpg

Stunning. As good as it looks In photos (to me anyway) it is even better in real life! I love the powder blue of the upper display. And all the contrast and accent colors going on!

qybyze4y.jpg

And the backplate! And red jelly over carbon fiber??? Yup. This one is great.

Great fun in the middle of a crazy day at work!!

And when the sun went down, I was wearing mars camo.

2esy2yda.jpg

Looking forward to tomorrow off. Hope everyone's weekend is starting off great!!

sent with aloha
Nice arrivals Chrisek, the car is not a total wreck...that tail light cluster looks salvageable!
Best wishes to you, your mother and everyone around you helping...been there with the big C with both parents.

Deepsea_Dweller

Wow what a post. Huge congrats Chris and all the best for your mom. Hope everything gonna be great. Enjoy your new toys. My pinky is coming sometimes later early July. Few other G's as well. So gotta be busy July. Enjoy and thanks for sharing :)

vade_R

awesome pick ups Chris, awesome frog and rangeman......and since i also use seiya and yohei, it is because of you that i can get ahold of these special G's

The frog is cool, and a great cause that you wear it for your mom, my best wishes

and by the way, that CTS-V on the left looks just like my car, awesome

cheers man and thanks again for the awesome MIRO muddie, its a beauty to look at

BACKBLAST72

Chris,
Sorry to hear about your Mother having to fight once more; I truly wish her the best and may the Grace and fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with her always. Congratulations, on your new Frog and Rangeman they are an awesome addition to your one of a kind collection. I think is so cool you rock the pink Frog in honor of your Mother's fight.

Like I've said before our forum is full of really classy people and collectors.