G-Shock with easier to press buttons?

drmemory

A few months ago I purchased a DW6900-1V for my son, who just went into the military. Now that he's in basic training, he reports that the buttons on the watch are hard to push. This is a problem, as he needs to do a bunch of things using the timer function on the watch, which is hard to turn on and off.

Can anyone recommend another model I could get for him that would be easier to manipulate? As I understand it, the problem is a combination of the buttons being too stiff and possibly too small. "In-field" repair isn't an option; I'm looking for a an off-the-shelf solution, rather than the "G-Shock soup" procedure I've read about elsewhere.

BACKBLAST72

Good morning drmemory,

I would recommend the GW9400-1 (RANGEMAN). This watch would be a perfect fit for any soldier related task he may need to accomplish. He would have a compass, thermometer, altimeter, and barometer for all his needs. Let alone the sunrise sunset feature which would have been a God send when I was going through Basic Combat Training some 24 years ago. I retired after 21 years of proud service in the U. S. Army so I can relate to what your son is going through. May God bless him and all of your family always.

Most Sincerely,
BB72.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk