New Frogman

skidzz

I just went to the mall and of course visited the GShock kiosk.They showed me the upcoming Jan-March 2012 catalogue and was quite suprised by the upcoming models and colors.I noticed that there will be watches that have the sane color scheme as the GD 100 PS3.I think it was a Riseman.Then they showed me the Frogman.Its has the same code as the yellow froman GF 8250 but I forgot the color designation.Its two toned,the bracelet is a cross between light Purple and bluev but the bezel was sort of biege or tan.I will return to the store and take a picture of the watch.I hope someone here has access to the catalogue so we can see the froggie.I already reserved one but I think it will be a long ways(3months or more)before i can get my hands on it.Cheers!

rutteger

Administrator
I just went to the mall and of course visited the GShock kiosk.They showed me the upcoming Jan-March 2012 catalogue and was quite suprised by the upcoming models and colors.I noticed that there will be watches that have the sane color scheme as the GD 100 PS3.I think it was a Riseman.Then they showed me the Frogman.Its has the same code as the yellow froman GF 8250 but I forgot the color designation.Its two toned,the bracelet is a cross between light Purple and bluev but the bezel was sort of biege or tan.I will return to the store and take a picture of the watch.I hope someone here has access to the catalogue so we can see the froggie.I already reserved one but I think it will be a long ways(3months or more)before i can get my hands on it.Cheers!

Sounds interesting. Sadly don't have access to this catalogue, rely on the official announcements via Casio and often the catalogue is first! If you could grab some pics and / or scans that'd be cool.

New Frog sounds great. As for the green set was it the Army Green series as announced by Casio Japan in November (November 2011 G-Shock releases here) or was it another series?

Boomslice

Looking forward to those images. :encouragement:

Strange that they would release another 8200 frogman though as the yellow one was actually a re-release of a previous iteration of the model. Looking through the archive of 8200s, I didn't find a two tone model as described (though they seem to exist in the 200 and 6300 era). So, this 8200 may not be a re-release, which is strange again, since this is a discontinued line :confused:. Hopefully pictures clear things up. Thanks for the heads up.

Can't wait to see some new releases after this long delay due to the floods.

rutteger

Administrator
Looking forward to those images. :encouragement:

Strange that they would release another 8200 frogman though as the yellow one was actually a re-release of a previous iteration of the model. Looking through the archive of 8200s, I didn't find a two tone model as described (though they seem to exist in the 200 and 6300 era). So, this 8200 may not be a re-release, which is strange again, since this is a discontinued line :confused:. Hopefully pictures clear things up. Thanks for the heads up.

The GF-8250 is an odd one for sure. Case like the old DW-8200 (have read bezels are interchangeable), module like the new GWF-1000 Frog but without atomic. New colour scheme sounds interesting indeed, surprised it's taken Casio this long :encouragement:

Can't wait to see some new releases after this long delay due to the floods.

Agreed, two months with virtually nothing (the Jan '12 release was announced back in Sept '11!) isn't great. However obviously there are bigger forces at work with the floods in Thailand.

skidzz

Finally got a snapshot of the catalogue--sorry its a bit crappy...used an Iphone 4s---its a frogman GF-8250ER-2DR
397104_10150488798608310_649703309_8780106_1554187281_n.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Seriously cool, thanks for sharing that! Hopefully this means Casio will be doing more GF-8250 variants in the future also.

Would love to have a look at that dealer catalogue, wonder if it's available online anywhere ;)

skidzz

Seriously cool, thanks for sharing that! Hopefully this means Casio will be doing more GF-8250 variants in the future also.

Would love to have a look at that dealer catalogue, wonder if it's available online anywhere ;)
Would love love that too.if you look closely on the upper right hand just beside the watch,there is an"apr"must mean an April release?It means i have time to save up!its way better than the yellow frogman IMHO.Right now my budget for the japan release GWF-1000bs git sidelined coz i was offered a sweet deal w/this iphone 4s.But thats a different story.Hopefully when the new GF 8250 will be affordable compared to the GWF's by a big margin!
Cheers Rutteger!

rutteger

Administrator
Yeah, guess April seems likely although the release may or may not be affected by the Thai floods - guess it depends when the catalogue was released. The yellow gf-8250 is cool but do prefer something more sober, hope they start releasing more colour ways in this model.

Seems like a couple of other G-shock sites have picked up your picture, nice work :encouragement: