Some advice

Ben_R

I'm looking to add a square G Shock to my collection. I have a Rising Red 5630 that I got as a gift, but for some reason it's just not jiving with me. I'd really prefer a different color.
I haven't yet gotten one that I want to wear and I need some help deciding. I know there's the 5600 and the 5610s which are newer. I'd like to just get a black or blue one. It can have some other colors. I'm not too concerned with features. I really just like g shocks for their look. As long as it can tell me the time I'm good.
I'd like to keep it around. $100 or less. I figure eBay is my best bet to get one cheaper than retail.
So which square G's do you guys recommend??

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!

LUW

First of all, are you 100% certain it's the color that's putting you off from the 5630? Are you sure it's not the square thing? I ask because usually squares are an acquired taste for people that got on later in the whole g-shockaholic madness. If it's only the color the problem, then I definitively would recommend the 5610, but if I'm not mistaken it's north of $100:

GW-M5610_01.jpg

GW-M5610-1CR

Another option I would recommend is the GLX-5600:

GLX5600_02.jpg

GLX-5600B-8JF

Doesn't have a "complete" module as the 5610 but does have moon and tide graphs, and is around your price range.