WRUW now it's Thursday 03rd July

Dakar

Got the date right now guys. Warn night in the UK.
9u3y2yzu.jpg

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Will,

My good friend what you have here is probably one the HARDEST and most elusive Pathfinders to find, let alone to purchase at a reasonable price. We are looking at the elusive PAW-1500Y-1JF :D this was known as the VADER within the PROTREK / PATHFINDER aficionados. Funny it fits your call sign perfect WHERE in God's name did you find this ghost of a watch? This is the one which has eluded me for years. I think the cheapest I ever saw this was $800.00 on Amazon like four years ago. I don't think they even carry it anymore.

I have the non-negative display one which is the PAW-1500-1V. Pathfinder also made the non-atomic version of this watch it is the PRG-130Y-1V, the non-negative non-atomic is the PRG-130-1V.

usa8amu5.jpg

PRG-130-1V NOTICE THE TOP OF THE WATCH SAYS TIDE GRAPH INSTEAD OF MULTIBAND 5
81lKO4SgosL__SY679_.jpg

PRG-130Y-1V NOTICE THE TOP OF THE WATCH SAYS TIDE GRAPH INSTEAD OF MULTIBAND 5
PRG-130Y-1_l.jpg

vade_R

I only have one other protrek the prw-2000T, which I love, but when I saw this guy on a wruw thread one time I knew I had to find it. Like you said, the few times I've seen it, it's ways been more that I be been willing to pay, I recently saw this one on eBay, made him an offer over on WUS, and just picked it up this morning, really stunning.... The negative LCD is a million times better than the newer prw-3000 negatives, really happy with this grail of a protrek Carlos

Cheers

Good Morning Will,

My good friend what you have here is probably one the HARDEST and most elusive Pathfinders to find, let alone to purchase at a reasonable price. We are looking at the elusive PAW-1500Y-1JF :D this was known as the VADER within the PROTREK / PATHFINDER aficionados. Funny it fits your call sign perfect WHERE in God's name did you find this ghost of a watch? This is the one which has eluded me for years. I think the cheapest I ever saw this was $800.00 on Amazon like four years ago. I don't think they even carry it anymore.

I have the non-negative display one which is the PAW-1500-1V. Pathfinder also made the non-atomic version of this watch it is the PRG-130Y-1V, the non-negative non-atomic is the PRG-130-1V.

usa8amu5.jpg

PRG-130-1V NOTICE THE TOP OF THE WATCH SAYS TIDE GRAPH INSTEAD OF MULTIBAND 5
View attachment 9131

PRG-130Y-1V NOTICE THE TOP OF THE WATCH SAYS TIDE GRAPH INSTEAD OF MULTIBAND 5
View attachment 9132

BACKBLAST72

I only have one other protrek the prw-2000T, which I love, but when I saw this guy on a wruw thread one time I knew I had to find it. Like you said, the few times I've seen it, it's ways been more that I be been willing to pay, I recently saw this one on eBay, made him an offer over on WUS, and just picked it up this morning, really stunning.... The negative LCD is a million times better than the newer prw-3000 negatives, really happy with this grail of a protrek Carlos

Cheers
You definitely have very good taste in Pathfinders and Protreks. The Vader is very hard to find and believe it or not the non-atomic version is even harder to find.

I have looked at the PRW 3000 but their negative displays are atrocious don't know what Casio was thinking. I am going to return my PRG-270-4 the display is extremely hard to read even in sunny days. The only model I like of the PRW 3000 is the -4 I think Chris has that one if memory serves me right. I know my unit has been issuing them now for two years and it has received mixed reviews by the boys in the field. Last I spoke to my buddy which works in supply they were looking for a replacement watch for it.

Dakar

You definitely have very good taste in Pathfinders and Protreks. The Vader is very hard to find and believe it or not the non-atomic version is even harder to find.

I have looked at the PRW 3000 but their negative displays are atrocious don't know what Casio was thinking. I am going to return my PRG-270-4 the display is extremely hard to read even in sunny days. The only model I like of the PRW 3000 is the -4 I think Chris has that one if memory serves me right. I know my unit has been issuing them now for two years and it has received mixed reviews by the boys in the field. Last I spoke to my buddy which works in supply they were looking for a replacement watch for it.
I had a PRW3000, very light, easier wearable but it felt a bit 'christmas cracker'. I actually damaged to bezel doing the washing up :p