G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series coming April 2013

Casio Japan have today announced the latest G-Shock release celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the world's toughest watches. The 'Resist Black' Series follows the 30th Anniversary Initial Blue Series and 30th Anniversary Rising Red Series in commemorating the release of the first G-Shock way back in 1983. The Resist Black Series features three models all of which have been chosen as iconic and significant watches in the history of G-Shock.
  • G-Shock DW-5030C - the original classic
  • G-Shock DW-6930C - the classic round G-Shock shape and one of the most iconic G-Shocks
  • G-Shock GW-5530C - a modern take on the first mud and dust resist model, the DW-5500

All three feature black bands and bezels with copper detailing designed to give that vintage feel. The G-Shock DW-5030C also features the 'PROJECT TEAM' Tough logo to the dial. All three models feature the classic 30th Anniversary custom caseback and packaging designed by Mr Eric Haze.

The new G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series is dropping in Japan on 19th April 2013, we expect to see a very limited worldwide release.

View attachment 5750
G-Shock DW-5030C

View attachment 5749
G-Shock DW-6930C

View attachment 5748
G-Shock GW-5530C

View attachment 5746
G-Shock DW-5030C - dial detail showing classic DW-5000 inspired brick pattern

View attachment 5747
G-Shock 30th Anniversary packaging​

chrisek

All good points. Some are speculating that the 5530 will end up the collectible simply because Casio won't expect to sell many of them so won't produce many either. Will it even be for sale internationally? I know it's not slated for the US market but the other two are.

Psweeting

chrisek;14094 said:
All good points. Some are speculating that the 5530 will end up the collectible simply because Casio won't expect to sell many of them so won't produce many either. Will it even be for sale internationally? I know it's not slated for the US market but the other two are.

According to a post on WUS it will only be available in Japan. I don't think 5500's sell well anywhere else.

rutteger

Administrator
@fwupow - the information came direct from the Japanese Casio press release. I Interpreted it as meaning there would be 10500 pieces for the three models in total - it is not 100% clear.

Anyone's pre-orders arrived yet :)

chrisek

I'm getting pretty psyched about these. Got the set. Before I was thinking the 5530 was going to be the coolest one. Now I hope it can compare!

Feisar

rutteger;14194 said:
@fwupow - the information came direct from the Japanese Casio press release. I Interpreted it as meaning there would be 10500 pieces for the three models in total - it is not 100% clear.

Anyone's pre-orders arrived yet :)

Akihabara News covered this release and mention 10500 production:

CASIO’s famous shockproof watch “G-SHOCK” will have its 30 year anniversary in April, and in commemoration, 3 limited edition models of the “Resist Black” series (GW-5530C, DW-6930C, DW-5030C) will be released on April 19 in Japan.

Only 10,500 watches in total are available for these 3 models.

http://en.akihabaranews.com/126700/...sary-g-shock-3-vintage-limited-edition-models