Incoming 2013

chrisek

So I went big and got the 4th wave (carbon fiber) of the 30th anniv.

uploadfromtaptalk1378364903821.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378364921559.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378364935504.jpg

Since we haven't talked about them much I will do a complete resource thread when they arrive.

These will be my first carbon G's.
First Gshock man
First GW-M5600

And since fromjapan.com is on holiday for a week I got this for a song.

uploadfromtaptalk1378364952368.jpg

First NATO band.
Possibly best looking surfrider foundation I've found!
Did I mention the orange trim? :)

chrisek

@LUW: which "both"? The GSET? Think so. Obviously got it for the carbon square, the other one has very cool look that has been previously done a few times. Looking forward to seeing all of them in person actually.

chrisek

As long as we're talking about big things. I was also able to confirm yesterday that I have the full Lightning Yellow wave. Now just have to wait for December.

uploadfromtaptalk1378417539697.jpg

LUW

@LUW: which "both"? The GSET? Think so. Obviously got it for the carbon square, the other one has very cool look that has been previously done a few times. Looking forward to seeing all of them in person actually.
Yeah, many people are buying the set but only keeping one of them. And you're getting the full LY wave? All five of them?!?
notworthy.gif

chrisek

Yup!

First 1000-series frog for me
First real yellow G (not transparent, or highlighter)
Will be my first gdx6900
Probably be my first Rangeman.

Definitely not buying many other watches for a while.

LUW

Holy mercaptans, Batman! Somebody is getting serious about G collecting!
clapping.gif

If I had the opportunity to get one or two of them I would possibly go for it, but all five would be too much yellow for my tastes. I have two yellow birds in the air right now, so the LY series would be overkill in my book.

rumpleforeskin

prices are going up, up,.up....for new watches..i can't buy into it. i can't possibly buy a rangeman when they first come out. let me rephrase that, i won't. espeically since you can get a 1000 series frog for round the same price new and 2.5 riseman....

rumpleforeskin

So I went big and got the 4th wave (carbon fiber) of the 30th anniv.

View attachment 7388

View attachment 7389

View attachment 7390

Since we haven't talked about them much I will do a complete resource thread when they arrive.

These will be my first carbon G's.
First Gshock man
First GW-M5600

And since fromjapan.com is on holiday for a week I got this for a song.

not to hate, but i don't understand the draw to these two watches?

600 for the pair?

other than a possible price increase it seems like....,meh..at least to me anyway.

chrisek

Why would you think I paid $600? Yahoo japan is still retail (no markup). Also, it will come out international release later this month.