Let's see your collection

Dez

My Collection
avyvy9yj.jpg

Model XX-000

BACKBLAST72

Good morning saru7,

Yes the PRW 2500's are bigger than some of the older models. There is some models thicker and bigger than the 2500's. For example the PRW 5100's are an analog / digital combination of Protrek's, they don't make many in this combination so this family / series is really nice. You also have the following family / series which fits this mold: PRG 550's, PRW 5000's, PAW 5000's. All have this very unique combination and if you ask me they all quick ass.

I agree with you in regards to the RANGEMAN. I had one on order and one day running around in town I saw one in a store. I asked the clerk to let me see the watch and sadly I was a little disappointed with its display. I love G-Shocks don't get me wrong but the digit readout was very small, so visibility would be an issue. So to pay the amount of money they want and to have a watch with visibility issues on the display especially when its critical information just didn't convince me. So I cancel my order, I will stick with my Pathfinder's and Protrek's for ABC capabilities they have a very clear and visible display and this is even the one's with a negative display like the PRG-130 and PRG 110. Their accuracy is on point all the time, you just have to make sure to calibrate them to your geographical location. I have never had an issue with mine. I use to train Soldiers destine to Iraq and Afghanistan in Land Navigation and my back up compass was my issue lensatic compass, for my primary I used one of my Pathfinder's or Protrek's and they were always dead on point; they sometimes were more accurate than our military issue compass.

Protrek has two new lines / family of watches out: The PRG 270 and the PRW 3000 they both have the new third generation multi sensor. Very light, thin and accurate. The previous second generation module measured height in 5 meter increments, the new one does 1 meter increments. The compass use to take reading for 20 seconds and stop, the new one does 60 seconds and with the exact same reliability which is the trademark of Protrek and Pathfinder.

PRW 3000
81TqdpH3rdL__SY679_.jpg
81SNwEhqITL__SY679_.jpg
81zt9sxLFnL__SY679_.jpg
PRW-3000-1A_JF_DF_CF_EF.jpg
PRW-3000B-1_l.jpg
PRW-3000B-3_l.jpg
PRW-3000B-5_l.jpg

PRG270
51O8-itfLLL__SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg
51PgxlshviL__SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg
51wlsCbbutL__SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg
81dFfgdeIYL__SY679_.jpg
81JoJ245xQL__SY679_.jpg
81t4s8SB3mL__SY679_.jpg
81XDgzEjbHL__SY679_.jpg
prg270-1_xlarge.jpg

The PRW 3000 is known around my unit as the Suunto KILLER. My Commanding Officer was on the fence about the 3000 so he went ahead and authorized us to purchase 20 of these watches, we also purchase 20 of the Suunto model he was wearing and did a grueling field test on them. The PRW 3000 came out in front with flying colors. The Suunto's looks cool but that's about it, and they are all battery non-solar power watches. At the end it was Casio's Protrek which kicked ass an won the filed test. My unit issues nothing but Protrek's / Pathfinder's. HOOAH.

chrisek

Good to know they are proving durable! I purchased a 3000 on release to see the new sensors for myself.

y4aburer.jpg

Have to say an impressive watch (also my first ProTrek). Now with the PRW-6000/Gulfmaster it seems that the ProTrek line will be a trim but still durable triple sensor (still fitting under sleeves) while the G-Shock versions will be the "fully armored" versions of the similar modules.
Also curious to see if the non-atomic version of the 6000 will be like the 270 and use a bulkier body like previous ProTreks.

Do you guys want me to post upcoming ProTrek stuff here as well? Wait, that should be a different thread . . . . .

sent with aloha

saru7

Good morning saru7,

Yes the PRW 2500's are bigger than some of the older models. There is some models thicker and bigger than the 2500's. For example the PRW 5100's are an analog / digital combination of Protrek's, they don't make many in this combination so this family / series is really nice. You also have the following family / series which fits this mold: PRG 550's, PRW 5000's, PAW 5000's. All have this very unique combination and if you ask me they all quick ass.

I agree with you in regards to the RANGEMAN. I had one on order and one day running around in town I saw one in a store. I asked the clerk to let me see the watch and sadly I was a little disappointed with its display. I love G-Shocks don't get me wrong but the digit readout was very small, so visibility would be an issue. So to pay the amount of money they want and to have a watch with visibility issues on the display especially when its critical information just didn't convince me. So I cancel my order, I will stick with my Pathfinder's and Protrek's for ABC capabilities they have a very clear and visible display and this is even the one's with a negative display like the PRG-130 and PRG 110. Their accuracy is on point all the time, you just have to make sure to calibrate them to your geographical location. I have never had an issue with mine. I use to train Soldiers destine to Iraq and Afghanistan in Land Navigation and my back up compass was my issue lensatic compass, for my primary I used one of my Pathfinder's or Protrek's and they were always dead on point; they sometimes were more accurate than our military issue compass.

Protrek has two new lines / family of watches out: The PRG 270 and the PRW 3000 they both have the new third generation multi sensor. Very light, thin and accurate. The previous second generation module measured height in 5 meter increments, the new one does 1 meter increments. The compass use to take reading for 20 seconds and stop, the new one does 60 seconds and with the exact same reliability which is the trademark of Protrek and Pathfinder.

PRW 3000
View attachment 8761

BACKBLAST72

Good evening saru7,

I know what you mean in regards to the wallet. Our hobby is definitely not a cheap one and is so hard to walk away from some of these watches. I have a working list which I am constantly up dating and I try to stick to it, because if I didn't I would be in big trouble. I think the Protrek's have done an outstanding job with the negative displays. I have the PRG-270-4 an its a negative display watch and its pretty visible to me. I have two G's which are negative displays an they fit the same mold. I don't understand what people complaint about really.

chrisek has me looking at the PRW 6000 now, and I moved that to the top of my list. Hopefully by the time the baby is born their price has come down somewhat. If not then I may have to wait for a while. I just think that G-Shocks are so awesome there is a watch in just every style and color combination that there is bound to be one out there anyone will like. And let not forget their serviceability, toughness, reliability, and functionality of these great watches. I will always have and wear a G-Shock or Casio watch on my wrist.

Here is a picture of the PRG 130Y-1 Non-Atomic. (Casio offers this in Atomic but it's triple the cost of this model). The Atomic version of this watch is the PAW 1500YJ-1JF exactly the same looking watch on sale through Amazon for $2,715.84 USD.
PRG-130Y-1_l.jpg 51pdpcgox1L.jpg

Here is a picture of the PRG 110Y-1V Non-Atomic. The Atomic version of this watch is the PAW 1300-1V looks exactly the same but is Atomic.
81z641xLagL__SY679_.jpg

And they also released the PRG 260
PRG-260G-1_l.jpg

Here is a picture of the PRG 270-4 Non-Atomic
51LzjkwtKZL__SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

I hope you like any of these awesome watches brother.