The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

macspite

Salut Olivier, bienvenue à G-Shockzone. Je suis désolé que je ne parle pas français mais votre anglais est parfaitement adéquate pour nous de comprendre. Vous pouvez toujours écrire en français et ensuite nous pourrions utiliser Google translate (comme je l'ai fait), mais qui serait probablement causer plus de confusion que de compréhension.

Quels sont vos projets pour votre G-Shock prochaine? :D

( Hi Olivier, welcome to G-Shockzone. I am sorry that I don't speak French but your English is perfectly adequate for us to understand. You could always write in French and then we could use Google translate (as I have done) but that would probably cause more confusion than comprehension.

What are your plans for your next G-Shock?
)

Olivier

Whooaaa.. nice to read a French answer on the G-shock forum. Thank you.
But I think French members here shouldn't be so numerous and this forum has been built, developed and used by English speakers. So it's to me to make an effort using your language. Then it shouldn't be very comfortable for you to translate each answer (but I have to assume mistakes...).

Eighteen months after my first G-shock watch, I've just ordered a new one from Japan.
I received the payment confirmation on last Wednesday.
It's a GW-9300GY-1JF, the grey one. But I don't know yet how many time I have to wait for...
GW-9300GY-1JF_3.jpg

macspite

Very nice watch! I have bought watches from Japan and they have arrived within two weeks. But it seems like months when you are waiting for something to arrive :)

When you get the watch it is the unbreakable rule of the forum that you must photograph it on your wrist and post it in that week's "WRUW" (What aRe yoU Wearing) thread.

The penalty for not posting photographs is that no-one will comment on your new , expensive and very lovely watch!

rutteger

Administrator
well im not sure.. i have a couple of options.. i can either buy one of the two new watches that will be released in the next couple of months or i can get a mudman.. I really like this one

its either this color or the tan one which is the one that i fell in love with since i layed eyes on it =D

Two top choices, let us know which you go with ;)

rutteger

Administrator
Hello guys,
New among your G-shock team, I'm also a fan beginner (better late than never).
I would like to introduce my first model bought on summer 2010.

Sure everybody has already known this one.

Welcome to the site Olivier :) Out of interest how did you find us ?

Eighteen months after my first G-shock watch, I've just ordered a new one from Japan.
I received the payment confirmation on last Wednesday.
It's a GW-9300GY-1JF, the grey one. But I don't know yet how many time I have to wait for...
View attachment 1459

Good first choice and great second choice. The new Mumdan RULES and the Men In smoky Gray colour scheme is also very cool. Hope it arrives soon, look forward to seeing the pictures :encouragement:

Also your English is great, don't worry. Many English speakers I know are unable to write in their own language as well as you can ;)

Olivier

Hi Rutteger,
I found your forum many days ago because I was looking for information about new G-shock watches.
Official pictures are always excellent but sometimes it may be better to find more from "normal" people with their own photos and comments.
After reading then comparing a lot of technical parts, I decided to choose a new Mudman.:)
In fact, the GWX-56 seems very nice to my eyes, but unfortunately a little bit too big... :(

Olivier

I've just got an email including confirmation, my GW-9300GY has been shipped today from Tokyo :encouragement:
Wait and see....

TomBoyNI

Hello there, Tommy, from Northern Ireland, not really a Collector as such of G-Shocks but fell in love with them about 15 years ago, I currently have 8, with 2 missing somewhere. Really old ones too, one yellow one with a velcro strap and one Carl Cox Limited Edition in blue, with a BPM counter, and I have been looking for them for ages so if you find them, let me know :)

macspite

Hi Tommy,

Photos of the ones that haven't strayed would be nice!

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland? It's a place I know slightly from various trips over as a computer engineer for Legal and General and for IBM fond memories of a nice country and great people. :cool:

And a wee Ulster fry for a light breakfast!

TomBoyNI

Hi Tommy,

Photos of the ones that haven't strayed would be nice!

Whereabouts in Northern Ireland? It's a place I know slightly from various trips over as a computer engineer for Legal and General and for IBM fond memories of a nice country and great people. :cool:

And a wee Ulster fry for a light breakfast!

Ha you know. The breakfast the rest of the world try to emulate. And yep I'll get some photos sorted soon :)