Unboxing the MONSTER: MT-G S1030 BD-1AJR ###starting the year with a BIG bang!!###

Sengyoku

Just wanted to chime in again...

I tried this piece on very briefly on my last visit to the G-Shock store in London (yes they've got it in!) and it is stellar! The red band insert, red second hand and gold accents just make it that much more special; in black it feels less like a tank but more like a stealth fighter on your wrist haha!

My only gripes about this piece though... the 'randomised' bezel screws - the symmetry is there on the rangeman, so why not this one I wonder! The other things is the small issue of price... the price in London is just as inter-stellar as the watch itself - an eye watering £1080! Autsch! :)

gripmaster

Just wanted to chime in again...

I tried this piece on very briefly on my last visit to the G-Shock store in London (yes they've got it in!) and it is stellar! The red band insert, red second hand and gold accents just make it that much more special; in black it feels less like a tank but more like a stealth fighter on your wrist haha!

My only gripes about this piece though... the 'randomised' bezel screws - the symmetry is there on the rangeman, so why not this one I wonder! The other things is the small issue of price... the price in London is just as inter-stellar as the watch itself - an eye watering £1080! Autsch! :)

yeah the Tank is awesome. Will have to re-activate it tomorrow I think! Yes, thats a decision. Back to the Tank tomorrow!:encouragement:
I have read the disussions in other Forum about the non-aligned screws.. must say - while on the straight-on photos in the web by casio, it is noticeable, when I am wearing it or even looking at it in the box like now, I neither mind nor really notice that. In fact, since I have the watch, I had forgotten all about it, until I read your comment... Maybe I am too much of a watch user and not enough of a long time collector - but this is not a detail that I notice. I can only imagine that it is done on purpose, to demonstrate that the screws are actually having a function and not just decoration. with the precision that is necessary to make the whole internal mechanics work, I am sure if they wanted, the engineers at Casio could also get those 4 screws aligned... either way, I am no way going to try and move them with a screwdriver, no sir!;)
awesome that they should have this one in London!
I totally agree with your notes on the design! It looks good on the pictures, but in real life is even so much better!:cool:
So when are you returning to the store, to get your eyes to water and buy it? come on, we know you want to!:very_drunk:

Sengyoku

^ OK, Yes, I want it! of course I want it (just like many other pieces I can think of right now):) But at the moment it's looking like an impossible moutain to conquer after that bomb dropped that was the LY Ti Froggy! I think somewhere down the line I may settle for a vanilla tank (the stainless steel one - still looks good!), but if it was going to be black this 30th anni has to be the one!

but anyway, stop putting thoughts into my mind haha, usually these prompt my 'defense mechanism' which are thoughts of dodging plates and signing divorce papers lol :)

Wear yours in good health and give us more eye candy!

gripmaster

^ OK, Yes, I want it! of course I want it (just like many other pieces I can think of right now):) But at the moment it's looking like an impossible moutain to conquer after that bomb dropped that was the LY Ti Froggy! I think somewhere down the line I may settle for a vanilla tank (the stainless steel one - still looks good!), but if it was going to be black this 30th anni has to be the one!

but anyway, stop putting thoughts into my mind haha, usually these prompt my 'defense mechanism' which are thoughts of dodging plates and signing divorce papers lol :)

Wear yours in good health and give us more eye candy!

Tell me about bombs dropping! December was a regular "D-Day in Normandy"... :devilish::devilish::devilish:
Still - I have done some really good and some less good (in retrospect) investments last year. MT-G is definitely on the good side, even though also on the up side price wise... I would easy let go ten of my "smaller" Gs to keep this one if I had to.
Eyecandy you bet - I have some cool locations coming up in the near future! MT-G is on my list for that!:encouragement:
In a few days I will have a gadget up and running that will either help you by entertaining you or ruin you indefinitely by, as you call it "putting thoughts into your mind"...:beaten: