Unboxing the MONSTER: MT-G S1030 BD-1AJR ###starting the year with a BIG bang!!###

gripmaster

Just a question for Gripmaster: is it possible to align the non-aligned screws yourself?

Well as I said - I sure as hell have no intention to try that out... as far as i understand it, they DO actually hold the watch together, so loosening one would not be very wise.. I think I read that Chis has tried to do so on his silver MT-G but couldnt loosen them... maybe ask him that again.. as I wrote, it really does not bother me and having all 4 in the same alignment would (like on rangeman) basically be too perfect. so it is not a project for me. when on the wrist, I do not notice this at all. the watch has such a presence, that it really never showed to me, until a few hours ago, when our friend Sengyoku mentioned it again..
but, I think that in theory you might be able to align them, just dont know if that will loosen the watch case... if you just have it in a box, no worries for a 1/8th of a turn, but wearing it? :eek:
I tend to trust the good people at Casio to have had their reasons for this...:very_drunk:

chrisek

Yes, I'm trying to disassemble my silver one (anxiously awaiting the 1030 early Feb!), but the thread locker on the band destroyed my screwdrivers so that search is on.

It looks like the studs on the face plate are functional, if you don't know that top "bezel" is machined out of a solid piece of aluminum.

So I guess it would still be watertight with fresh thread locker when I'm done ;)

sent with aloha

Ninja

Seems that the screws are not easily aligned. I will not touch them when I get the watch. :p

Yes, I'm trying to disassemble my silver one (anxiously awaiting the 1030 early Feb!), but the thread locker on the band destroyed my screwdrivers so that search is on.

It looks like the studs on the face plate are functional, if you don't know that top "bezel" is machined out of a solid piece of aluminum.

So I guess it would still be watertight with fresh thread locker when I'm done ;)

sent with aloha