What have you got incoming?

macspite

picked up a gem from Llandudno from the sorting office - will take picture when I have plonked a new battery in :D

Put the kettle on for a cup of tea, opened up the back - DW-003 ten screws in all - 4 for the protectors two for the back bezel sides, 4 for the back bezel/case back. Put in a fresh CR2016 and it fired up straight away. Gave it an AC as a precaution, silicon greased the seal and, as Mr. Haynes often annoyingly says, replacement was the opposite of removal.

Can't see me taking this one diving though:

20120329_101108.jpg

It's a DW-003HH-9BTfrom 1997 advertised on eBay as the watch equivalent of the car salesman's "Used by a little old lady that only used it to drive to church on Sundays."

Rare Casio g shock tough label BPM Watch
Has only been worn once or twice in great condition has been stored. *please note * battery still in watch but needs replacing as it has died *
great condition no wear or scratches has been lovingly looked after

The condition of it when it arrived bears this out - you would expect to be able to tell the wrist size of the wearer by marks on the strap, this looks almost new. As usual I paid immediately after auction end via PayPal which seems to be slightly unusual, a lot of people will bid but then delay paying. Seems strange and rude to me, after alldo you go into a shop and lay your purchases on the counter then saunter off elsewhere and come back a few hours later to pay?

Got a message thanking me and promising to post on the Monday. Monday morning got a note from eBay saying parcel marked as dispatched. Most sellers will let eBay do the talking for them for that, I am guilty of it myself. But I also got a note from the seller confirming this, saying feedback had been left and wishing me well.

Got the red card through the letter box on my arrival home on Tuesday, went to pick up the watch yesterday. Jane - the seller - had obviously taken the G-Shock philosophy to heart because I received a stout cardboard tube (which I can use later as an axle stand for the car!) well taped up at both ends to keep the plastic caps in place. Once that had been dealt with there was a mass of bubble wrap contained in a paper sleeve to make getting it out easier and in the middle of the wrap was the watch with the two pieces of the band nice and flat and glowing gold :D

And this wee note:

20120329_101201.jpg

Of course you never get something for nothing and the cost for first class "signed for" postage, cardboard tube and bubble wrap came to - £3.00. Take note those out there on eBay that think an envelope and second class postage is worth £7.50 or more.

And take a bow Jane - "tollport" on eBay - shame you aren't a full time G-Shock vendor :(

20120329_101127.jpg

It's a BPM model, ideal for sorting out tracks for a seamless or playlist or for pre-setting to 100 for CPR (or whatever the latest figure is for compressions - got a first aid refresher course coming up in a fortnight - should wear the watch then)

20120329_101057.jpg

Now all I need is a gold Puffa jacket and some balloon trousers :afro:

chavo60

Mac, you my friend should be a writer. Truly a captivating story. Congrats on your purchase.... Lovely watch.

Feisar

It's been a busy month.

Arrival of BNIB Eric Haze DW-5600EH-7JR from Japan and these two marking my 49th and 50th G-Shock:

DW-5000SP-1JR, "PROJECT TEAM Tough", 20th Anniversary
DW-8200BK-1JF, Real Black Frogman aka "The Dark Knight"

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/hi...day-warning-lots-pics-665081.html#post4852609

51st G-Shock
DW-5025SP-1JF
PROJECT TEAM Tough 25th Anniversary

52st G-Shock
From Eric Haze's personal collection, DW-6900M-8T

53 and 54
G-Shock x Rush GA-110RU-1AER and Utraseven 45th Anniversary

Will post unboxing photos this Friday :)

And finally Special Number 55
GWF-1000G-1JR

GWF-1000G-1JR_2.jpg

Attachments

• 665535d1333028665-what-do-you-have-incoming-part-2-g-shock-x-rush-collabo-ga-110ru-1aer.jpg
    665535d1333028665-what-do-you-have-incoming-part-2-g-shock-x-rush-collabo-ga-110ru-1aer.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 185

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - nice story indeed. Always gratifying when you get a good deal like this rather than the run around. The watch looks NOS! You going to wear it?

@Feisar - Some extremely cool pick ups, looking forward to images. How did you source something from Haze himself! Some great stuff on that WUS thread too, what a way to hit 49 and 50 :D

terryjames

GW003 .I had a bid on that myself but as i had bought a couple the week before i didn`t follow it up.....Now sick....................Terry

macspite

GW003 .I had a bid on that myself but as i had bought a couple the week before i didn`t follow it up.....Now sick....................Terry

Do you mean the DW-003? Was it you that bumped the price up into the stratosphere? :mad-new:

Actually I think I got it for a fair price, the packing, speed and communication was a welcome bonus. And I did like the look of it, I have a magpie like attraction to shiny :cool:

terryjames

Do you mean the DW-003? Was it you that bumped the price up into the stratosphere? :mad-new:

Actually I think I got it for a fair price, the packing, speed and communication was a welcome bonus. And I did like the look of it, I have a magpie like attraction to shiny :cool:

Yep,Very similar.Have one running at the Mo.Well done BTW.................Terry