What have you got incoming?

terryjames

Well that`s one here two to go.Just arrived dw003 bought as "Not working spares or repair."OK so one hour on the bench,cleaned new battery..2016,new spring to connect to speaker back together together and hey presto.now stripped again and front case or bezel onto my yellow one mentioned in the dreaded rot,looks pretty good IMO.Need another bezel now.I can see this as a never ending circle.Oh well..BTW Spring for the speaker was obtained by taking a strap spring bar apart .Got the idea of youtube.Not at home at the mo so some pics later........Terry

macspite

Never ending cycle indeed unless ... why not use the "new" bezel to cast a mould? May need to be in two halves if the bezel is a complex piece. I may be able to organise a couple of patternmaking friends to do the job if new DW-003 bezels could be a commercial success.

macspite

Three of the five watches I was expecting in the mail. One this morning, two collected on the way home with a card that came through the door yesterday. Got home and another card waiting on the doormat!

The three were ones bought from forum members and arrived very well packed and in the condition as shown and described in the ads. Many thanks to Paul and to John for their sterling efforts in keeping me supplied with watches! :D

Now I only have one in the post :(

terryjames

Ok ,Here goes.first tried it with Yellow case and strap but wasn`t quiet right so mish mashed it from both and pleased with the result.Comments good or bad welcome.
DSCF2399.jpg

DSCF2400.jpg

DSCF2401.jpg

DSCF2402.jpg

Cheers Terry

terryjames

Boy am i having a day:tickled_pink:The king has arrived."Long live the King". To say i`m pleased is an understatement.This one will never get flipped.
DSCF2403.jpg

Terry

macspite

Great news - so the seller came up trumps with the watch and delivery. They are excellent watches, good wrist presence. Very pleased for you and wondering whether to get one for myself and carry out a mix and match with my negative King ...

Who did you use in the end?

terryjames

Thanks ,this one has really got me on a bender now.When the dust settles i think i`ll be goin for the Neg as well........cheers Terry

rutteger

Administrator
@terryjames. Nice work on the DW-003 reconstruction. You are right, it never ends. You'll be looking for more spares to fix the watches you bought for spares and so it goes on :) King with the positive display looking good too :)