What have you got incoming?

rutteger

Administrator
Solar flares or is there another volcanic erruption?

Were you keen on the Mr Cartoon, sorry about that :p

macspite

Solar flares or is there another volcanic erruption?

Were you keen on the Mr Cartoon, sorry about that :p

Well, if it were the flares then the sat nav on the battwered old freighter steaming across rthe pond with my watches may have broken.

And not overly concerned about Mr. C but you had tipped it as cheap for what it was so I was going to buy it to move on. Bad idea on your part to whip up interest in an auction and then bid in it yourself :triumphant:

rutteger

Administrator
Did your US items arrive?

Just took delivery of a G-056 (shown in WRUW, now in bits drying out :p) along with a GS-300 Giez. The Giez is up and running with a new battery already :)

macspite

Did your US items arrive?

I think so - I have two summons to attend the sorting office with money so I assume the watches are here, will find out tomorrow.

Just took delivery of a G-056 (shown in WRUW, now in bits drying out :p) along with a GS-300 Giez. The Giez is up and running with a new battery already :)

The G-056 I know about, wasn't around to pop a bid on it at auction end, the GIEZ I did put a bid on at the last moment so apologies as you must have seen the price rise by £10 in the last two seconds :(

Maybe we should co-ordinate efforts so that we don't bump up prices unnecessarily ...

ad33lak

Just ordered the following:

Attachments

• GW-7900RD-4.jpg
    GW-7900RD-4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 406
  • dw-6900mm.jpg
    dw-6900mm.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 183
  • GD-100MS-1.jpg
    GD-100MS-1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 405

terryjames

Good afternoon all,Just returned from a trip into Town where i tried on a KING. Now i`m well and truely hooked.First time seen in the flesh.This one was negative display and i would really like to have a look at one with positive display before i pull any triggers,Definitetly will be incoming.Will post pics when. {not if and when.}......Terry
BTW Of course i have spotted plenty on evilbay.Mostly in singapore,hongkong and the States but without knowing any of the sellers i`m a bit reluctant to go down that route.

macspite

I have bought from sellers in both Singapore and HK without problem and (sssh!) without HMRC demanding VAT and import duty or the Post Office or Parcel Farce demanding a handling fee. Stick with the big sellers with good feedback - worth a study of the recent comments to get an idea of customer service.

Most of the gear I have had from the states has attracted the attention of the revenuers though oddly enough not a high value Edifice that came from there recently. My contact at the sorting office told me he had two separate parcels from the same supplier in the states only one of which got caught by customs. It's luck of the draw.

VAT at 20% is paid on anything between £15 and £185 value of contents plus postage , over that value it is VAT plus import duty. Any value of shipment gets charged £8 by the Posties, £13 by ParcelFarce whatever the amount of duty to collect. So my $55 + $9.99 p+p watch collected recently cost an additional £5.02 plus £8 quid which brought it close to £55. Hence it is best to look at the dollar price and reckon it to be the same in pounds once collected.

You could always find the cheapest on Amazon and use the code for mothers day - Mother 10 for less than £100, Mother 25 for over £100 but the only pos. display King is £147 before discount - and ships from Singapore!

If you are prepared to buy from overseas this seller seems to be cheap (under £80), sells in volume and has 99.8% feedback:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASIO-G-Shock-GX56-1B-GX-56-1B-Gravity-Extra-XLarge-Free-Shipping-/130660019957?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1e6bf1aef5#ht_3562wt_1272

£5 more from a similar size seller but with 99.9% feedback:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CASIO-G-SHOCK-GRAVITY-EXTRA-GX56-GX-56-1B-BLACK-/330614746706?pt=UK_Jewelery_Watches_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item4cfa2cae52#ht_2704wt_1272

Of course, if you like a positive display but want a black and red King you could always take one apart and remove the polarising film and replace with another piece at 90 degrees to the original ..... damn! I have now started wondering whether to do that to mine :confused:

terryjames

Hi Mate,Thanks for all that info.I have sent one of them a message and if the answer is favourable i`m gonna go for it.will let you know the outcome and thanks again..............Terry

terryjames

Well i`ve done it.Just pulled the trigger.Should be on my wrist 3 to 7 days as i have asked for express posting.....can`t wait..................Terry