WRUW : 9th Jan - 15th Jan

rutteger

Administrator
Gone with the DW-6500 Skyforce today. Pressure looks steady :p

IMG_20120113_082020.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
@ rutteger, I actually don't know the full model number, think its an XLS

Now I may of mentioned a certain something winging it's way too me, well it actually arrived yesterday and I've been wearing it all day. Some of you might like it it's not actually something I was actively looking for, just came across it at to damn much of a good deal.

Sorry about the low light fuzzy pic

Another cracker I see BT, looks like a GW-9300GB Mudman ;). Bet it goes nicely with your vanilla G-9300 :p How bling is the Black x Gold Mudman in the flesh??

Bubbly Tubs

Dude I stumbled upon it on eBay with only 2 hours to go. It was only sitting at circa 80 quid but hadn't hit its reserve. I messaged the seller who replied with a pretty good reserve price. I bid that and won it. It was a bit risky as an impulse buy without getting extra pics etc etc. well chuffed though after a little cleaning it is well nice.
I was previously torn between my Frog and the new Muddie, but now the Muddie is starting to edge ahead.

rutteger

Administrator
Dude I stumbled upon it on eBay with only 2 hours to go. It was only sitting at circa 80 quid but hadn't hit its reserve. I messaged the seller who replied with a pretty good reserve price. I bid that and won it. It was a bit risky as an impulse buy without getting extra pics etc etc. well chuffed though after a little cleaning it is well nice.
I was previously torn between my Frog and the new Muddie, but now the Muddie is starting to edge ahead.

Be cool to get some comparison shots of new Frog vs new Muddie along with long term thoughts. Assume the Frog is bigger?

How does the carbon strap on the gw-9300 compare against the non carbon on the g-9300. Any real difference?

Saw the auction, good price you bagged it for :D

macspite

Wore my Stargate today. Picture is here in the "Shocks in the media" thread just to be perverse.

Met Jonathan at GSE, chatted for 20 minutes during which my mate Kevin decided to buy a Baby-G for his wife.

Bad news - the sale is over, bosses in Japan have pulled it.

Good news - Jonathan was unaware of G-shockzone, he is aware now and is likely to give us heads-ups on new releases and special editions - watch this space!

I got this:

20120113_162244.jpg

which contained this:

20120113_162941.jpg

and inside was:

20120113_163032.jpg

And here it is in all - Hang on, be right back, there's the doorbell ...

rutteger

Administrator
Wore my Stargate today. Picture is here in the "Shocks in the media" thread just to be perverse.

Met Jonathan at GSE, chatted for 20 minutes during which my mate Kevin decided to buy a Baby-G for his wife.

Bad news - the sale is over, bosses in Japan have pulled it.

Good news - Jonathan was unaware of G-shockzone, he is aware now and is likely to give us heads-ups on new releases and special editions - watch this space!

What did you reckon to GSE then? Lack of sale aside did they have much in?

Shame on sale indeed but that's how it goes. Interesting the store is run from Japan!

Cool that someone from GSE is now aware of the site, cheers for that :D

and inside was:

View attachment 1450

And here it is in all - Hang on, be right back, there's the doorbell ...

:p going off the module I'd say it was a 6900 variant ;) Put us out of our misery...

macspite

Not a lot in the store, seemed a lot of empty space even though it is a small unit. GD-100s, DW-6900s and the GA-1** range, some no G-Shocks, some Baby Gs, a couple of Jasons and this which may be cheap at the price, not sure on Froggies:

20120113_125421.jpg

I want it :)

going off the module I'd say it was a 6900 variant Put us out of our misery...

Quite right, it is indeed a 6900 variant - £95 but marked down to £47.50, one of the last of the sale stock.

macspite

20120113_125123.jpg

20120113_125049.jpg
Jonathan at the (Casio) till. CCTV screen in background, nice widescreen PC monitor but a very dodgy internet connection :(

20120113_125119.jpg
Kevin buying a watch

20120113_125123.jpg

20120113_125113.jpg